Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just bought a 208 GTI and i see there is a gear indicator in the manual but mine is not displaying. How do i put it on .

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Yes, I can see it in my manual, but I haven't found how to activate it. Maybe the GTi doesn't have it ! I don't see the point of it, but if it's available, I'd like to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Do you mean the gear indicator that comes up on the display in front of the driver?

This does not indicate the gear you are in, but tells the gear to change up to, for economy reasons.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have it on my allure....in all honesty I'd rather it wasn't there but haven't looked up to see if I can remove it.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
does anyone has a picture for that?
My car had the simple 7-segment trip computer. I changed and replaced the speedo cluster and also trip computer. Now I have it complete. But there is no gear indicator as well.
My 208 is an automatic gearbox version and there used to have the gear indicator. Not anymore.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Eric I had a similar issue, I took it back to peugot and they updated and downloaded aBMI to it. got thge indicator back but it seems out of sync. ie) it tells me to change in to 4th when I reach roughly 40-45 miles an hour which I feel is a bit to much. Feel it should be telling me to change into 4th at roughly 25-30 miles an hour. I'm going to take it back to peugot to see what they say

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hi gazdoug,

<strike>Which engine do you have? I have the 1.2 Vti and mine says 4th at around 40-45 mph too. While my Focus can handle being put into 4th at around 25-30 mph, I don't feel the 208 can as the engine feels and sounds too rough if I do. Possibly due to it being a 3 cylinder engine and having a different gear ratio?</strike>
<strike>
</strike>
Just went for a drive, I was talking complete bunkum! Mine prompts for 4th around the 30-33 mph mark and 5th at 40-45.

Edited by: BlueFin

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
do you have pictures for your speedo/cluster?

I changed my single 7-segment LCD version to the multi-matrix version. Mine, has no indication for gear.
But my car is Automatic Gearbox.

Previous single 7-segment version with gearbox indication:

New multi-matrix version, but no gear indication:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am unsure about the automatic Eric I would take it into peugot and they should update the issue for you at no cost. I have just had mine back from peugot and they again played about with the BMI download. gear indicator is now promting me to change into 4th at roughly 30-34 mph. seems to run alot more smoother also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts