Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after having loads of trouble with my other gti I have been put into a brand new one to then find the back window on the boot lid is leaking though the bonding !!! I am fuming they have to take the window off and reseal it. I am scared they will scratch the paint off using that cheesewire!! so peed off my patience has worn right out especially after a year of pushing for a new one.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Sounds like you have been extremely unfortunate! So far have had no major issues with mine albeit not a Gti model. What problems were you having with the original?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where do I start lol. when I first bought the car I had a dent on the rear quarter passenger side before I even picked it up !! they had a dent removal company out and I specifically asked they do not drill and guess what it wasn't until I took it away and looked properly they drilled a hole in the wheel arch and bent all the metal, took the paint off and then put silicone sealant over the rubber bung. I had the common fault of the temp sensor and at the time I didn't know about it and had to pull over and call Peugeot assistance out. Theeennn lol paint was flaking off around the boot hinge and shown bare metal, the bodyshop had it in loads of times asthe resprayed it all bubbled up when water was around the hinge. I had the car back and they got the paint right but the boot lid was misaligned big time so in the end I ended up loosing all patience as they had around 5 attempts in all to put it right and I gave up. to top it off then I was washing the car and where the passenger side outer skin of the door wraps around the paint was coming off and rust was showing !!. I lost all patience and demanded a new car which they have now given me 1 year later on a 14 plate.

the issue I got now is not major in comparison to the other car they have to take the spoiler off remove the glass and reseal it but I am conscious about it as I have had the back window on another car replaced and they scratched all the paint off and I defo don't want that at all. water is leaking through the bonding where the glass touches the bonding creeps up fills up with water and comes over into the boot from behind the plastic. as you can imagine there is loads of rain here in wales so as you can imagine I don't want a boot full of water. they have agreed to my demand of taking the car back on Monday and giving me a decent courtesy car as they normally give me a 107 which is like a Heinz bean can on steroids no offence to anyone who got one.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Sorry to hear about all these troubles !!
I hope all goes well with the replacement glass ..

Have you asked for anything in particular for a courtesy car ?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dropped it off this morning to Peugeot. I feel so disappointed I haven't even had it a week and was looking forward to giving it a good clean especially with my new dyson cordless lol its bogging inside...

they have given me another 208 which is better than the 107. hopefully this will be the end of problems once the glass has been resealed I just wondered how they would take the spoiler off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts