Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone here experienced a rattle coming off the front passenger door. It seems that the noise is only there when the car has warmed up. I think its coming from the speaker area.

Many thanks,

Phil

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hi I believe I have experienced a similar issue, going to contact dealer as its rather annoying. Have either of you been to your dealer with the issue yet ?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
It's not there all the time, if it gets any worse I shall see my dealer, can't stand rattles, thats why I got shut of my RCZ.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't spoken to my dealer yet but I will this week. Unfortunately its intermittent so I doubt my dealer can fix it unless they can hear it.

I can't stand rattles and squeaks coming from interior trim. I suppose thats one reason I got rid of my mazda 2. Sounded like I had a toolbox full of spanners hiding behind the dash lol
. Had a spin in a friends new a1 and the rear drivers side door rattled. It only had a couple hundred miles on it. Cant imagine what it would be like with 10k on it

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I've got rattle from both front doors

just take it to your dealer. Good dealers will fix it, if they don't ? Just open up and put some foam inside. ( I mean between the trim and door(behind plastic door cover or what it called....)

But yeah, I don't like rattle on trim details on a new car for £18-22K.. it feels like if the car only have an value of £9k....

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the car to the dealer today to have two front shocks and two strut mounts replaced as they were squeaking badly. They also had a go at fixing the rattle noise coming from the front passenger door but they told me that they couldn't hear it. It actually wasn't there when I picked up the car but it's now come back. Also noticed that the panoramic glass roof blind/shutter makes a knocking sound every time you go over a bump at low speed. I guess it's back to the dealers again.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I have the same problem with my 208 Active ETG5. But i doubt it's coming from side window rather than the mechanisim inside the door such as window lifting jack/elevator. When you're taking a curve, the rattle is much audible. Anyone with solid fix?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts