Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted forge dump valve and hard pipes today, not sure if anyone has had the same issue I did with the hard pipes, the top bracket doesn't line up with the original fixing point, it is solid as fixed to turbo and left fixing point but I have emailed as must be a fault?
Liquid Automotive tire Water Fluid Drinkware

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

Car Motor vehicle Light Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Hey Chew. I had the exact problem but after alot of forcing and twisting and plenty of f*#k offs i managed to get it close enough to get the bolt through which aligned it up. Gotta be honest, it still wasn't spot on but worked fine after tightening up.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did think there maybe enough play in the two rubbers to force it over, would be easier if you could fix it and then attach the ends after, I have asked forge for there thoughts so will have another bash at the weekend.

I have had my engine light come on twice, both times whilst I was around 4500 rpm, the power then dropped (I assume limp mode), first time it sorted itself when I restarted the car to come home, all power back, second time sorted itself whilst driving, lights went off all good again. Assume one of my hoses isn't quite tight? Will check the solenoid connector too as instructions did say to cut a tag off for the gti but it fitted without so I didn't do that. When it's working it still has done 6500rpm without issue and dump valve is loud. When light was on dump valve was quiet( still a woosh but not a psssst) but clearly still working.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Be patient with it. I actually had more issues with the pipe on the left. I have taken them off and on since so although a bit of a pain in the ass, not too bad.

As far as the engine light is concerned, get and obd reader to see what it was. Even though you mentioned that it sorted itself out, the code should be stored in the ecu memory. I'd be checking that first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did think there maybe enough play in the two rubbers to force it over, would be easier if you could fix it and then attach the ends after, I have asked forge for there thoughts so will have another bash at the weekend.

I have had my engine light come on twice, both times whilst I was around 4500 rpm, the power then dropped (I assume limp mode), first time it sorted itself when I restarted the car to come home, all power back, second time sorted itself whilst driving, lights went off all good again. Assume one of my hoses isn't quite tight? Will check the solenoid connector too as instructions did say to cut a tag off for the gti but it fitted without so I didn't do that. When it's working it still has done 6500rpm without issue and dump valve is loud. When light was on dump valve was quiet( still a woosh but not a psssst) but clearly still working.
So I think the light comes on when I back off at higher revs when the dump valve kicks in, forge sending a replacement pipe for the one with the incorrect bracket so I will check all fittings whilst swapping that, thinking to change the bag ties to proper clips on the vacuum pipe, will look better and must be tighter, see what I can find.
Be patient with it. I actually had more issues with the pipe on the left. I have taken them off and on since so although a bit of a pain in the ass, not too bad.

As far as the engine light is concerned, get and obd reader to see what it was. Even though you mentioned that it sorted itself out, the code should be stored in the ecu memory. I'd be checking that first.
Thank you, I'll get one ordered, cheap enough and handy to have. The vgate bluetooth looks good idea. If I get it all sorted won't be far off ready for a remap.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Good to see Forge sending a new item. Always good service from them in my experience.

Do your research before purchasing an odb reader. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Usually they have limited functionality and will read a code, but won't provide any further info or sub-menus to pinpoint the problem. Since one code can relate to many aspects of the car and parts, you want a reader which covers most bases and can delve deeper if there is a problem. I guess it depends how much you're willing to dish out for one. Another option is to reach out to a fellow member near you who has a decent reader and can scan the car for you.

I'm getting mine remapped soonish too. Need an intercooler first which I'm saving up for. Get a silicone intake hose too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to see Forge sending a new item. Always good service from them in my experience.

Do your research before purchasing an odb reader. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Usually they have limited functionality and will read a code, but won't provide any further info or sub-menus to pinpoint the problem. Since one code can relate to many aspects of the car and parts, you want a reader which covers most bases and can delve deeper if there is a problem. I guess it depends how much you're willing to dish out for one. Another option is to reach out to a fellow member near you who has a decent reader and can scan the car for you.

I'm getting mine remapped soonish too. Need an intercooler first which I'm saving up for. Get a silicone intake hose too.
Good advice again, thank you. Can't fault the service from forge, already asked them about the intake hose as it states 2016 onwards and mines 2013, see what they say, another chunk of plastic removed is always good. Oil catch tank now on order. I was planning intercooler then stage 2 but as that is propably a year off in saving as I want the pug1off which isn't cheap (£1500 fitted and remapped) , I'm thinking stage 1 would be a good step in the new year to make use of what I have already done to it for the summer, quoted £400. Service booked as I can't guarantee what oil previous owner put in, I know it was serviced May but again no record of what was done so will get the plugs done too to be safe. Its coming together nicely.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Sweet. Good idea getting a full service done so you're sure that all the correct fluids etc. are up to scratch. Yeah you will need a pre-facelift hose to suit the THP200. Forge do make them but I think only in batches so you might have to wait till they are in stock. (unless they stopped doing them?)
The intercooler is definitely what lets the car down and I think the pug1off item is the best albeit most expensive. Even a stage one upgrade would benefit from this. Pug1off also do a short shift so have a look at that too. Can recommend.
I'm looking at B14 coilovers too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts