Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help with the footwell lights can I change the bulbs for blue led one if so how many thanks

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi you can change the footwell lights I have done them on my feline and they look brill I got them from a company on ebay called argo city they are a direct led replacement for w5w bulbs not very expensive either regards puggyman208

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
No problem they are really easy to change yes ghey do sound as if they are the same .. regards puggyman208

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help please I was going to order the blue led bulbs for footwell lighting but not sure now if I need them with built in resisters or just blue LEDs as not sure if 208 has canbus what ever that is thanks for any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi can some one tell me how you get to the lights in the footwell and what you need to get to the bulbs thank you daz

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi.

it is quite easy to get to the footwell lights just get your finger nails around them and pull down, the bulbs are just standard w5w bulbs which you can get in various colours, I have led w5w bulbs and they work and look brill. I got them from a company called argo city on ebay.

hope this helps .

regards PUGGYMAN208

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed mine for some 6000k pure blue led from led monster on ebay they are superb and they like ultra violet lights in the footwell when you open the doors.
Paul.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I dived into the foot wells of my GTI and had a good look.

Turns out that the bulbs themselves are just regular 501 or W5W bulbs on their sides.

I am using these at present and they do give a gentle white glow.

However to get a better light cast I would highly recommend replacing these with a white led bulb as in the picture below.

I have borrowed the image from an eBay seller called Super Lights, so all rights go to them. The led is only on one side so the light is directed sideways instead of out of the top - if you get my drift.

To remove the bulb holder/lens assembly are the hardest thing about the job, I would suggest just reaching under the dash lower panel and getting your fingers behind the assembly and pushing downwards, this will result in the the light unit dislodging and allowing access to withdraw it from the whole.

From here you can disconnect the wiring plug, the gently unclip the white backing cover to reveal the bulb.

As many if the experienced modders are aware, you simply lift the bulb towards the side to remove.

Then it's a case of replacing the bull with the led (facing the clear lens), and reassemble In reverse order.

The result is a nicer white footwell glow instead if the dirty yellow that resided there before.

Any questions, just ask.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Very very nice! I take it theres a lot of difference there? I had to wire my own LED strips in as mine didn't come with footwell lights!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
The truth of the matter is that the human eyes see better in yellow light. However the white light looks nicer and cleaner, but the LEDs are more power efficient. Long story short- normal bulbs produce a more visible light, however if you get the LEDs I talk of, then the the brightness should compensate and give very good results.Edited by: golfguy

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
red look sreally nice, do all models have foot well lights?i have the mood lighting but not in the foot well

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Sadly not all models have them however I think some one on here has added them already by wiring into the over head lighting. Should be quote an easy mod really.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Fitted my red footwell lights yesterday. Not overly impressed with the light output. I might seek out brighter ones but it is looking better Than the yellow ones!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, can anyone tell me if the 208 Gti has footwell lights in both the drivers and passengers footwell. Mine only seems to have them in the drivers side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks for this , just picked up a 15 reg XY and the yellow footwell lights really let it down, rest of the lighting is gorgeous! done and dusted in 10 mins! Much better

1 - 20 of 41 Posts