Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone with the interior footwell lights would be so kind as to take a few pictures of them in their fixings and provide any info they can as to the wiring of them? I have an Active model and there are rectangular cutouts in the carpeted cladding in the footwell which I think is where they would go. I would like to figure out if they can be wired in easily as a retrofit.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts

Sorry, wouldn't know a thing about the wiring but this is a pic of where light sits in my car

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks terrier, that's where I thought they'd sit! the cutouts are already there so I'll see if I can find some secondhand ones.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I'd say the best way to wire them in would be to find a feed from the doors courtesy switch point. Or run a feed off the roof lining one....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi newbie to this site, in answer to this there is a white connector tucked up under the dash on both sides for the lights,They are connected to the door light switch all you have to do is remove the plastic push retainers from the underside and you will find the connector held to the wiring loom with tape, all you have to do is connect them to a bulb connector I used ones from my old Peugeot 206 one from the glove box and the other from the boot they look like standard for all the Peugeot's.I have a 64 plate activeso I think that Peugeot in their wisdom just used a standard loom for the 208's...

·
Registered
3 Posts
dells19 said:
Hi newbie to this site, in answer to this there is a white connector tucked up under the dash on both sides for the lights,They are connected to the door light switch all you have to do is remove the plastic push retainers from the underside and you will find the connector held to the wiring loom with tape, all you have to do is connect them to a bulb connector I used ones from my old Peugeot 206 one from the glove box and the other from the boot they look like standard for all the Peugeot's.I have a 64 plate activeso I think that Peugeot in their wisdom just used a standard loom for the 208's...
Hey, i also have a 208 active RHD. I have found the loom on the driver side but cannot find the loom on the passenger side. Could you tell me roughly where it can be found. Also do you have to remove the glove box in order to find the loom, if so do you know how to remove the glove box.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi the connector is taped to the back of the so called glove box, take out the plastic clips holding the cover below the glove box you will see the cutout for the light you have to feel for the connector behind the glove box.leave the glove box in place as it is very hard to remove it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts