Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I gonna say it, cus it needs to be said:

The fog light bulbs are Sh!te.

28 watts - that is it. They are a new type of bulb which if you buy from the dealer is reeeeeealy expensive.

I have heard that they can be replaced with a normal 55 watt bulb but there are concerns that the higher wattage bulbs will melt wiring or the plastic lenses.

Any thoughts on this?..

Has anyone replaced them with better bulbs?.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
According to my user manual the fog lights are type H11-55W. Have Peugeot changed the spec since I bought my 208 ??

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I've been looking into replacing them with led ones. I was told they are h16 bulbs. Anyone know if 208 uses canvas system?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
That will be "canbus" I was looking for the same answer regarding the
indicators and reversing lights. I know the canbus runs
on head and tail lights, but I'm not sure about the other.
Would be nice to hear from anyone with experience

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to install H11 bulbs into the fog lights instead of the H16. Although I must admit the fog lights on my 208 have much better light output than my previous car which used a 55W H11 bulb. The design of the fog lights on my previous car must have been hopeless

Do peugeot use the H16 bulb if the particular model has cornering lights or is it used on all models? My manual says that the fog lamps use a H11 bulb.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Well the h11 type are more cylindrical like a normal headlamp bulb, where as h16 are more like an indicator or tail light bulb. Think there could be a space issue with the h11 to fit behind the lens to be honest but I'm definitely keen to know of any alternatives

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Had a good close look at my foglights today and contrary to what the manual says they are definitely not type H11-55W. The bulb shape looks just like a PSX24W (the ultra expensive Philips type) and is definitely not the H16 shape with the pointed nose. I tried to remove one for closer inspection but have given up. Given how frequently I am ever likely to use them I'll leave it to the dealer to change it should the need ever arise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The above post is exactly correct! The bulbs type is a PSX24W which are very expensive but still available.

Please See Links below for White LED version of H16 PSX24W.

Standard LED Bulbs.... £10.99
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-H16-5202-9009-PS19W-PSX24W-44-LED-3528-SMD-White-Headlight-DRL-Light-Bulb-/331108358963?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d17989b33

Canbus system bulbs..... £27
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PW24W-68-x-1210-WHITE-HI-POWER-SMD-INDICATOR-LED-CANBUS-FREE-AUDI-BMW-MERCEDES-/271258554921?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f28451229

Any Update on Canbus information would be greatly appreciated + if anyone tries these in there car (I am not yet done this.)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jamiepateman said:
The above post is exactly correct! The bulbs type is a PSX24W which are very expensive but still available.

Please See Links below for White LED version of H16 PSX24W.

Standard LED Bulbs.... £10.99
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-H16-5202-9009-PS19W-PSX24W-44-LED-3528-SMD-White-Headlight-DRL-Light-Bulb-/331108358963?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d17989b33

Canbus system bulbs..... £27
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PW24W-68-x-1210-WHITE-HI-POWER-SMD-INDICATOR-LED-CANBUS-FREE-AUDI-BMW-MERCEDES-/271258554921?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f28451229

Any Update on Canbus information would be greatly appreciated + if anyone tries these in there car (I am not yet done this.)
I have seen these bulbs and to be honest they don't give anywhere near enough light output to be functional enough. I am looking at these as an option but they are a bit pricey.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161328050044?nav=SEARCH&varId=460355936761

Or

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161339019472?nav=SEARCH&varId=460364931554

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Have you fitted the ones on eBay golf guy? I ask because I've tried the imports from Hong kong and they often start to dim quite dramatically after a month due to vibration and general wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not, not purchSed any replacements yet, however looking to do so this week. Will let you know the results after order, delivery and fitting.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi all.

I know this has nothing to do with the fog lights but I have been running full led bulbs in the rear light clusters for about six months with no problems. I ordered some bulbs for my front fogs and when they came they where completely different think this could be down to the fogs also having the cornering ability.

Regards puggyman208

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Can u link me the bulbs u used for the rear indicators. The ones I used were pants. Not even as bright as standard

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi yes I've replaced the indicator, reverse, and brake light bulbs with led. I got all the led bulbs off eBay.

I will post links over the weekend.

Will see if can get some pics of them at night and daytime to give you an idea of how bright they are.

Regards puggyman208

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hi gulfguy, I had a look at your link. Not sure if I would advise the use of these. In one of the previous posts, someone mentioned about melting lenses. Although these bulbs do appear to have a Heat Seek, the power, and also the fact that they come from Hong Kong, may suggest a little caution is needed.
Having said all that, will an LED create as much heat as a halogen bulb ??? Prob not, but in that case, is that a Heat Seek or just a weird looking bulb carrier..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts