Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Anyone with FM radio, and access to Capital FM, have you noticed that the little square box underneath the 'Mem' option will display graphics/information such as the current song playing and the Capital FM logo?

When I make this full screen, a big black bar at the bottom of the screen shows a 'Video Mode Not Available When Driving' message.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get this message to disappear, or better still, not appear at all?

Thanks!
Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi mate in the past ive had the same problem with an aftermarket system, eventually i worked out that devices like this have a ground cable attached to the handbrake so when you stop it displays the content, i worked around it by putting the wire the the head units ground port and it worked, if peugeot do this try stopping and use the handbrake to see if it works then if not put the car in neutral, let me know if this works whilst stationary.

pindy92

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pindy92 said:
hi mate in the past ive had the same problem with an aftermarket system, eventually i worked out that devices like this have a ground cable attached to the handbrake so when you stop it displays the content, i worked around it by putting the wire the the head units ground port and it worked, if peugeot do this try stopping and use the handbrake to see if it works then if not put the car in neutral, let me know if this works whilst stationary.

pindy92
The message goes away when I stop at lights (without handbrake on) so it must be linked to acceleration??

·
Registered
9 Posts
i would think it would be linked more to the foot brake, either way behind the unit there should be a black wire that is grounded when stationary if you found this you could attach it to the car body (metal) to permantly ground, the only problem is that doing this may void any warrenty on the head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts