Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just joined the forum, always get more out of these than contacting the dealer. I have a 2 month old 208 1.2 Allure which I use for driving instruction. Unfortunately it has what I consider a small but annoying problem whereby when I am trying to get pupils to find the bite point for moving off, or when they are doing manoeuvres controlling speed on the bite point, the rev counter fluctuates up and down around the 1.5 k mark. This also happens, as I demonstrated to the dealer, when you are not in gear and just revving the car to about 1.5 thousand revs. The dealer has advised that this is normal and the engine is "perfing itself" (or something like that) ............. has anyone else had this problem ?? ..........Thanks mucho ...........Ken

·
Registered
14 Posts
I teach in a 1.4 Hdi Allure and when doing any manoeuvres I don't have any small problems like that. The only thing that happens - and its happened to me also when driving, is when you move off in 1st gear, when you take your foot off the gas to change into 2nd, the rev stays there. When this happens it gives a little kick as it were when you lift off the clutch when it is in 2nd gear. Been to the dealer about it - and of course they don't know whats causing the problem.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Maybe the word was...purging....which means to clear out....Still doesn't make sense though !! Dealers....don't you just love them !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Tony, yeah dealers do talk a lot of sh*te. Had it back in today and still no joy ....... basically said they can't do anything about it because it is just the ECU controlling the engine !Ken

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Mine is a 1.2 and I have exactly the same problem. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow, ill keep posted what's said. With mine the tachometer fluctuates about 500 revs when setting off/ holding 1500rpm. It is not 'normal' it's as if there is a dodgy air flow sensor or something

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good (or not) to hear Steve, at least we have 2 garages looking at the same problem and hopefully one of them can sort it out. Will post any joyous news (or otherwise) as soon as any to hand...... Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

I had a similar problem with mine where the car seemed to judder in some gears and not deliver power smoothly.

Had it looked at at the garage who updated the engine management software and now is a lot smoother. Perhaps worth looking into...

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a a 208 yesterday and noticed the fluctuating rev's when I am sitting idle and the engine is ticking over.

Has anyone had this fixed yet? I have read that a few of you have been looking into it?

Let me know and I will chase it up if its worth my while.....

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
There is no final verdict as yet it appears. The conclusion I have come to is that it gets better after a thousand miles or so and does benefit from an engine update. Although it seems like all the 1.2's are rough as they are a 3 cylinder, therefore they aren't as smooth as the 4. It's hugely annoying because You find the car jolting all over the place when setting off but I guess it's something we will all have to live with unless anyone else has any better ideas. (Which I really hope they do!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got an engine update on tuesday and it has fixed the fluctuating revs.

So if anyone has this problem, take it to your local peugeot garage to get and update and should fix it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem, my local service dealer says it is problem Peugeot are aware of and a new software download will be issued soon ?? but when ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody know when a new engine update is coming from peugeot to fix this problem. I complained in July, it is nearly October and still no action, I gather some owners have been updated and cured so what about the rest of us ? Told it might improve with colder weather and no aircon in use but still, makes driving the 208 hard work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts