Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

anybody had any problems with the front dark chrome front grill surround laquer flaking off.

regards Puggyman208

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hi,

The dark chrome beading on the front grill of my car is also doing the same. I bought my car 2nd hand so I don't know if it's something that could be covered under warranty.

Regards

Phil

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for your reply, I have reported the problem to the dealer I bought the car from.

my 208 is due to go in for its 1 year service on 1/2/2014so they are going to have a look at the problem then.

I will keep you informed.

P.s it does not matter if you bought the car 2nd hand the warranty transfers over so I would go to a Peugeot dealer and report the issue to them.

regards Puggyman208

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hi, let me know what the dealer says when you have your car serviced.

Many thanks for the advice. My car is 6 months old and I bought it almost 2 weeks ago. It's going back to the dealer this week as the car has a faulty knuckle joint on the steering rack which produces a creacking/squeaky nois when going over bumps. Whilst I'm there I will ask them about the laquer pealing off the chrome.

Regards,

Phil

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi sorry for the delay in replying.

the dealer replaced the front dark chrome grill under warranty

did not even have to take of the front bumper to fit the new one on just managed to unclip it and fit new on.

so I would contact your dealer asap just check to make sure there are no stone chip marks on the grill as they may say its ware n tear.

regards Puggyman.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi sorry for the delay in replying.

the dealer replaced the front dark chrome grill under warranty

did not even have to take of the front bumper to fit the new one on just managed to unclip it and fit new on.

so I would contact your dealer asap just check to make sure there are no stone chip marks on the grill as they may say its ware n tear.

regards Puggyman208.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Seems to be quite common this I had mine replaced on a Ice Velvet under warranty and it happened again. The lacquer just hasn't taken to the chrome and the wing mirrors went as well which were also replaced with standard chrome. I had contemplated sending all the bits to aquagraphix for a carbon dip but traded it for a GTI instead.
The chrome strip is £50 or thereabouts and easily replaced 5 minutes max it just clips out. Hope you get this sorted soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks guys. Mine was bought secind hand but is still under manufacturer warranty so should be covered? Its in the dealers thursday anyway. Hope its covered as it makes a spotless car look a bit tatty :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts