Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I pick up my 208 feline vti on the 26th
I have a sub fitted in my old car anyone know if it's an easy job to
Switch it over and fit it in my 208 when I get it or is it just a massive hassle?
What are the speakers like already?

˜ºï¸�

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
The standard speakers are pants , definatley need upgrading !!
I have only done the fronts , this is enough for now .
There are a couple of guys on here that have done subs , but i can't tell u anymore i'm afraid

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brill. Can't stand shabby sound systems! thats the first thing i'm going to sort out!

thank you!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Yep, the sound system in these are terrible. Check out me progress thread to see how cheap they are.
I upgraded to hertz which no one else has.... oh no wait.... mgauky copied off me! :p

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
My laptop isnt working at the mo so cant put a pic of my cars progress or my boot system im running 2x12" jbl gto 1214 woffers in fiberglass incloser sound nice with my mtx front speaker upgrades, has anyone changed the rear speakers yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How easy is it getting to the front speakers to change them standard door speakers fit ok??

Sounds like the rears will be a job to get to!

Was it difficult wiring your sub in and connecting it up to the multimedia unit?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Its on the menu but I don't see why whichever person in the back who is weighing my car down, not paying fuel and spilling crisp crumbs all over my seats should get the privilege of good sounding music at my expense. Hahaha. The fronts are good enough for now. When I turn it right up the back fade out and start crackling and I think the overall sound will be better with new ones in the back two. Im maybes going with the same brand but a lower range. There is no point splashing out mega bucks on a good sound system when its getting ran off a standard head unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHAHAHAHA I never thought about it like that! I'll stick to giving myself decent speakers :)

Just love a bit of extra base! :)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
The front speakers are 6.5 inch in size. Not sure how deep you can go but these are 2.56 inch deep. Getting to them is easy. Obviously youll need to make an adapter to the fitting of the new speaker but other than that, straight in, wire up, turn up and spend the next month tracking down your new rattles.

And erm...... my rears are easy peasy. 5 door ftw

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Well of course. Your in the front so its the front that counts. Tbh with you just upgrading the fronts makes a hell of a difference. Mgauky will back me up on that one.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Well seen as though Mgauky copied I may aswel allow you too. Just this once though. Everything else on my car is patented and I will take legal action.

They are Hertz ESK165L 300w. The kit includes the speakers, tweeters, splitters and fixings. One of the best mods ive done so far. Ample bass, clarity is brilliant and you can actually turn your volume level past 16 and it wont start crackling! Mind you lvl 23-25 is loud enough haha. On full whack the bass does start to distort but that is down the the standard HU.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Duffy said:
Yep, the sound system in these are terrible. Check out me progress thread to see how cheap they are.
I upgraded to hertz which no one else has.... oh no wait.... mgauky copied off me! :p
Quite glad too , there grrrreat

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Duffy said:
Well of course. Your in the front so its the front that counts. Tbh with you just upgrading the fronts makes a hell of a difference. Mgauky will back me up on that one.
Absolutely. They made a massive difference to sound quality

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha thank you! I'll be checking this bad boys out ASAP!

Lining up the mods already got my spoiler lined up then it's the speaker! Life priorities right here!!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I've been looking at the Hertz ESK165L 300w that you mentioned. Where do you find a home for the little amps with them?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I left those out. No point in fitting with a standard head unit really. But at least they are in incase of a later update

1 - 20 of 33 Posts