Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas,

Recently got myself a brand spanking new 208. I was so eager to get one that I didn't want to wait 16 for a custom one so I just bought one that was at the dealer. I'm not too sure which trim level I got because it's all a little mixed up. I have the leather shift knob & steering wheel, auto air con, the 7-inch display, which are all standard for the Allure line, but I haven't got the projector & LED headlights and no alloy wheels. I'm a little confused but I guess it's just an Active trim with some extras. It came in the gorgeous Morello Black color (although I do not know why it is called black). Aaaaanyway, I recently read a post by a fellow member (can't recall who) who mentioned that he is having his 208 fitted with parking sensors. Now I don't know if it will be factory parking sensors fitted at a Peugeot dealer or after market ones, so I thought I'd ask you guys whether I can pop in at a local dealer and put an order down for parking sensors? Thanks in advance for your time

Regards,
Stan

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Stan, I just had rear parking sensors fitted to my 1.2 Active and I can confirm that they are genuine peugeot units. However, if you have them fitted as a factory option then they are linked to the touch screen and will give a graphic display as well as the audible signal. If they are fitted later by a dealer then they do not have the touch screen display just the audible signal. I was told that to have the visual display would necessitate having the touch screen unit replaced (at considerable cost).

I'm not sure which model you have but the Active trim in the UK comes with alloy wheels as standard although it does not have the leather trim gear knob etc.The air conditioning is manual but it does have the touchscreen. You seem to have an interesting mixture.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
if your 208 has the touchscreen unit, there is no need to change it.
in fact, there is a sensor module which is installed in the trunk, close to the parcel shelf area.

This sensor module receives 4 sensors feeds from the reverse sensors, and also 4 sensors feed from the front bumper. What happens is that there is a cable going from the rear and front bumper to this module, and from this module to the BSI. So SMEG gets sensor data from CAN network, via BSI cabling.

Also note that sensor module has 2 versions: 1 for the rear sensor only version, or another one for models with front and rear sensors.

Usually simple trims like Active doesn't have the cabling and sensor module, so you would need to install it all to work properly.

That sensor module is the one in charge to send the audible notification. So when you are inside the car in reverse mode, you can notice the parking aid sound comes from the rear

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Seems to me Peugeot dealers and technicians really don't know much about their own cars. They are incapable of retrofitting anything to the factory standard and only offer lazy half-arsed solutions. There should be no technical reason why they can't install the same kit and it really reflects badly on Peugeot IMHO.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
BlueFin said:
Seems to me Peugeot dealers and technicians really don't know much about their own cars. They are incapable of retrofitting anything to the factory standard and only offer lazy half-arsed solutions. There should be no technical reason why they can't install the same kit and it really reflects badly on Peugeot IMHO.
I also agree with that. But I also understand the reason on that.

Factory doesn't design cablings/loom to be easily replaced. For example, if you need to change the original loom to have the connectors to install the sensor module in the trunk, you need to remove and replace a complete loom going from the trunk to the BSI. So you need to remove all seats and carpets.
If factory did a simple thing, like a unique loom/wiring and just add the module and sensors for those who wanted, it would be much easier.

The loom has 3 versions, as the loom has the connections to BSI and also to the bumper sensors.
1 version for no aid parking versions, as same loom is shared for other functions in the car
1 version for reverse aid parking version only
1 version for reverse+front aid parking version only

Makes no sense that for me. They could do a single loom for the car. And just add additional loom for the rear and front sensors...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Eric.

I'm interested in installing parking sensors on my 208 Active Pack, but I would like them to work integrated with the multimedia system of my car, as they are in the Griffe version (see image below).

Searching for solutions on the internet I've found your post here. Could you help me giving more details on making this integration between the parking sensor module and the touch screen of my car, please?I hope so.

I await return.

Regards!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
rpires said:
Hello Eric.

I'm interested in installing parking sensors on my 208 Active Pack, but I would like them to work integrated with the multimedia system of my car, as they are in the Griffe version (see image below).

Searching for solutions on the internet I've found your post here. Could you help me giving more details on making this integration between the parking sensor module and the touch screen of my car, please? <span style="line-height: 1.4;">I hope so.</span>

I await return.

Regards!
hi,
you will need the rear bumper which comes with the holes for the sensors or either drill the holes for the sensors.
You will need the sensors + loom + aid parking module + loom which connects to the BSI
You will also need to enable the parking sensor feature in PPS2000/Lexia application so BSI recognizes it properly.
All parts must be original from Peugeot.

I just saw you are from Brazil. Send me a PM and I can write in portuguese for you. I'm also from Brazil

·
Registered
1 Posts
R pires, Can you help me too? I also have an Active Pack and I got the sensor for free, so they came installed, how can I connect them to the Screen?

I would appreciate

Thanks

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
be carefull
sensors for free are aftermarket models and not original ones, so you can't connect them to the screen.

To work properly with multimedia screen unit, you need:
- original sensors
- the sensor calculator, a black box, which makes the beep sound, and is installed in the boot/trunk
- and all the loom

This is the original system with parts and codes so you can get prices at your peugeot dealer

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just bought a 208 but it dosen't have parking sensors like my last car.So I have bought a kit for just £14 from usual source (China).
The kit is complete with four sensors (colour coded to match paintwork), control box, spacers to correct angle of sensors, control box, buzzer and all necessary wiring together with easy follow instructions. Even a hole cutter to cut the exact sized holes!
I would like to fit the sensors in the same in the same location as Peugeot factory fitted and here I would like some help from anyone having factory fitted sensors to post a photo of the rear showing their position please.

Ian Blue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well nothing forthcoming from any other members so I continued to search through 208's for sale and finally found a pic of one with parking sensors.So I have now fitted these and I am very pleased with the result!
I chose the sound only and not the visual when I would need to fit an LED display somewhere on the dash. I find the beeping perfect and its what I had on my Rover.
I also found a very handy rubber grommet alresdy there to route the sensor cables into the boot.

Would recommend this system to anyone wishing to install parking sensors at an incredibly low cost.

Ian Blue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ian, am considering getting Peugeot to install parking sensors on my new 208 but after hearing this I am not sure whether just to do it myself! Is it really that easy? And no problems at all? How do the sensors look?

Thanks x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi no way would I consider getting Peugeot to fit parking sensors.
I am an Electrical Engineer but this is a simple diy job with perfect results.
The systemhas been working perfectly since I installed it and a great aid when reversing into a parking spot.The only part which is seen is the sensors themselves and the great thing with this system is that the sensors are colour coded to suit your paint colour. This gives a very professional finish.
Incidently I don't know how these two links got on my post . I did not use either of them but a much cheaper version.
I will see if I can find the link and post it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Ian, really helpful!

Will rope the other half into giving it a go (much better at these things than me!) going to try front and back I think!

X

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Ian
Looks interesting. How is it wired? I see they also do a system which will work OK with Canbus.
It looks like you need to get an ignition supply and also wire into the reverse light circuit.
Is that correct?
Did you have to remove the bumper to fit the sensors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, as far as I remember you only need to link into reversing light so that it only powers up when you go in to reverse. Its really very simple.No, you don't have to remove the bumper. I just drilled through using the cutter provided.
I located the sounder in the boot. Its loud and can be clearly heard inside the cabin.
In order to connect through from the sensors into the boot there is a very handy hole with rubber grommet in. This is located on the passengers side.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Anyone know how much it would cost to have rear parking sensors fitted by Peugeot? I know buying them and doing it all myself would be far cheaper but I haven't got a clue about these things and I'd want it done properly!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone had front parking sensors fitted to a (18) 208 Allure Premium please? If so, roughly what cost involved?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts