Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all,Just joined the forum and as you can see from the subject header I'm new to the world of motoring forums as a contributor, although I have enjoyed reading and learning from other sites over the years.
My motoring history is as chequered as everyone's I suppose, starting with a 1963 Mini (year not cc!) in 1970, yes I'm quite old I can hear you all thinking, followed by a range of dull family hatchbacks and saloons, excluding a 406,my longest kept car.
In recent years I've become more adventurous, with a Honda S2000, great car, once you had managed to get in and out and another Mini, Cooper this time and I felt I had completed my motoring circle.
However I'm inclined to change cars more regularly than I know I should and I now have a Gti. Nearly as fast as the Honda but I feel considerably safer. Must say now I've had a good look round it there are some really nice styling touches and it chugs along well. Very pleased so far.
I've a question or two to ask at a later date.
So if that's ok I'll be back.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Welcome aboard Wilko. Great to have another 'mature' GTi pilot along. Seems like there are quite a few of us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the welcome, much appreciated and glad I joined. Never been classified as "mature" before, almost makes me feel like a responsible adult. Hopefully not for long!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Very, very true, I am 71 next month, my GTI is my 30th car since passing my test in 1965, Love it!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wise words Specnut, wise words. Think I'll follow the example of Bradshaw and develop a new zest for life, although I'm lagging behind by 10 cars and 10 years. Must try harder.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
bradshaw and wilko, you're both ahead of me (at least with cars). The GTi is number 12 for me since I passed my test in 1967.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Dan, glad to be here.Following on from the copious numbers of cars we seem to have collected over the years, I have to say in my case it wasn't question of quality over quantity. Some of my early motors (Austin,Morris ,MG and Triumph,) from the sixties and early seventies only needed a couple of heavy clouds overhead to turn them into veritable rust buckets, requiring you to spend hours with the rust preventer, fibreglass and bodyfiller.
Do I miss that? Certainly not. It was often easier to sell and buy one with hopefully less rust, than fight a losing battle. Hence a much higher turnover of motors.
Makes you grateful for today's build quality and sophistication.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts