Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of money have people paid for a first service on a 208 GTI?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Mine is booked in mid april , quoted £186 inc vat . . . best of 3 local garages (that i trust)

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not bad, paid that for a service on my RCZ last year!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Wish mine was that cheap got to go to main dealer
Cause of the warranty costing me £329 pound but at least
It is once a year but will change my oil every 3000 miles.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I wish I could just do it myself as I don't trust them in the workshop. However we need to keep the warranty and we want full service history with the car (for now that is).
I took out a service plan when we purchased the car which gives us our yearly service.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Yes that service plan sounds good my car gets its
1st service end of April so may look into it as I'm a
Mechanic I still will change my oil every 3000 my self
And like you Duffy don't trust other people working
On car dam warrantys and full service history other
Wise I would do it all myself.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I like doing everything myself so I know its done right. Services are a rip off. I charge at the most £100 to do a service on a car. I don't know anywhere that would start off from there.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Ole52 said:
Wish mine was that cheap got to go to main dealer
Cause of the warranty costing me £329 pound but at least
It is once a year but will change my oil every 3000 miles.
That £186 is a main dealer price ! As you I have a warranty to keep up !

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Where abouts is that mgauky and is that a
Peugeot main dealer if so then it gives me something to
Barter with at my peugeot dealer for price

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Wakefield (evans halshaw) , this is also where i bought the car from !!!
Huddersfield quoted £199
Bradfrod £225

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
These dealers are unbelievable nowadays. A service kit to them must cost buttons, and my first service which involved an oil change along with a filter change cost £139. Give them their due though, they did stretch out and put a new copper washer on the sump plug. I could have done the exact same job in 15mins for £30

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Depends what deal you get out of them when buying the car. As I said before we opted in for the monthly plan as we knew it was going to cost 2 arms and a leg

·
Registered
2 Posts
You don't need to go to a main dealer to maintain the warranty. As long as the garage is VAT registered and Peugeot parts are used, it can be serviced anywhere. The only question mark would be on the body work check to maintain the anti-corrosion warranty. I am happy to be proved wrong but I think it is a European directive that is a couple of years old now.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I rang my Peugeot dealer (Research Garage Hinckley)yesterday to book my GTi in for it's first service, and theytold me it would be£119.99! I was expecting more around the £200 mark, so I was very surprised.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is brilliant, will be quoting that price to my dealer when my service is due in May!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Just booked mine in at main dealer in Godalming (Surrey) and it is £335. Also working on two recalls which I only found out about on this forum. Next time will take it to local garage where I know uses genuine Peugeot parts so will not affect the warranty

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Just phoned Peugeot and found out there are two servicing packages and the cheaper one, about £115, does not include some of the things from the more expensive service, including changing spark plugs, pollen filters, using diagnostics and also the cheaper service uses cheap oil, filters etc compared to what is used in the more expensive service

1 - 19 of 19 Posts