Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had our 12 allure a year now it is going in for its first service on monday not with the dealer we got it from as they have proved useless been back umpteen times with a bad flat spot between 2nd and 3rd and a clutch judder just to be told that is how they are , and also on this site to be told to stop whinging about the car . Well booked it in for its service with a dealer a few miles away last week and was asked is there any problems with car told them about the clutch and the flat spot the service guy said there is a recall on the 1.2 for the crankshaft sensor and the is a problem with the clutch as well and i have been offered a lone car . I have now found out that the dealer i got the car from is not going to sell Peugeot cars any more . Fingers crossed the car will be sorted as at the moment i have lost a bit of faith in Peugeot after owning 4 before the 208

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
G'day. not directly affected as I don't have a 1.2, but for a while I've read comments about flat spots between 2nd and 3rd. Unless there's some trickery in the engine map, I thought a flat spot would be more related to rpm than gear position. Hope all goes well with your 'new' dealer.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, I agree about the definition of a 'flat spot'. I have always understood it to refer to a specific RPM range where the engine becomes less responsive. I think the real problem is the wide gap between the various gears in the five speed manual gearbox on the 1.2. When I first drove one I found I was changing gear far too soon (I was used to a 1.8 Audi A4) and then had to wait for the revs to build before the car accelerated properly. I find the biggest gap is between 1st and 2nd gear (which can make crawling in slow traffic quite interesting) and also between 4th and 5th (good for economy but can make motorway overtaking interesting). Now that I have been driving my 208 for several months I have adapted my driving style to suit it and it is now far less of an issue.
Edited by: NickyNoogle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts