Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the correct wheels on the GTi, the dealer ordered the wrong ones. Not sure what the new wheels are called but they have black inserts and look brighter on the flat face? are they diamond cut?

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Onyx something or other. The colour that I wished the car was.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
I couldn't tell you I'm afread. The catalog doesn't give anything away aswell.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
G'day Tarmac, what wheels did you have first ? Here in Aus the GTi was only released last week, and only 1 type of wheel available, the same as your new pic. I can't find any info in the Aus brochure, but one sales guy I spoke to called them diamond cut.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
They look great and do look diamond cut to me but not positive on that... If they are - watch those kerbs!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Not to be the party pooper but I very much doubt they will be diamond cut as that would be too costly. At a guess its just a name they gave the wheel design with there being a lot of flat cuts and the edges looking sharp.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The standard wheels are the same design put have a painted silver finish with grey inserts.
These upgraded alloys are a "sharper" silver ( similar to diamond cut) with gloss black inserts.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Ok, was just trying to help answer your question.
Won't bother again, use google yourself or ask dealer

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
We have the same car with the same wheels. They're identical to standard, other than the onyx black paint on the inside. The 'cut' of the alloys are the same whichever one you choose. Grey (standard), black or the unpainted silver.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I received my Allure 208 5-door e-HDI 92 back in April and had the alloys REMOVED and replaced with standard steel wheels.

It is the third time I have swapped the alloys for steel because I don't like alloys. Also I don't like the hard ride given by low profile tyres.

Of course my dealer did not give me any discount, but I could save over the years by having wheels and tyres that are more robust.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts