Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a problem with warning lights telling me theengine was over heating
then the gauge would shoot up to maximum temperature
then settle down again to normal running temperature, very worrying. Anyway repaired under warranty now it was a Faulty Temperature sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My gti had it when I brought it, they fixed it and driving home came on again, took it back reset the computer all gone, now 2 months later it came back again, but now it's switched itself off, it's frustrating to say the least

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first took mine in with this problem the garage said it would be ok to drive short distances but they identified the fault. On the way home from work the problem seemed to escalate with different warning alarmsso I called peugeot assist who sent out the AA who confirmed the problems were related to the faulty temperature sensor he the AA guy said it was a common problem of Peugeot's inherited from the 307. So tell the garage to stop messing you around and to fit a new Temperature Sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also had this problem. I was assured that the engine was fine and it was a case of a faulty sensor. Sensor was replaced by dealer.

My GTI has now been back to the dealer twice within a month of ownership. Engine fault (Timing) and temperature sensor......

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Mine's been fine since the sensor replacement. No other probs, but only 4 months old and 5,000 km.

Still smiling every day looking forward to my commute.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
On mine, the fault happened at random times, hot or cold. Sometimes only once, others a few times a couple of minutes apart.I suggest you get it to the dealer soon. My dealer got the new sensor and fitted it next day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts