Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot 208 1.0 VTi, 2012
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have a 1.0 VTi from 2012. It has some months ago showed the fault code p1336 several times. Then I changed the plugs and the camshaft position sensor and it seem to work for a couple of months. Then yesterday when accelerating in 2nd gear the same fault code showed up again. Don't know what I can do else than erasing the code. The vehicle runs fine when the code occur. Please help!

Miki
Telephony Communication Device Audio equipment Gadget Gas

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Welcome mate. This could also be due to the timing being out. You need to get it checked. It doesn't take much for these things to throw out a code with no effect on performance. Keep us posted.

Reactions: MikiMand

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer. My mechanic skills isn't great enough for checking the timing. But I would really like to know the exact meaning of the fault code p1336 for Peugeot... My own scanner can't get a definition and I don't know what to trust on Google.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Had another look around and could be any number of things from incorrect spark plug gap, dirty connectors, low battery charge....
I think you need to diagnose one by one unless a more comprehensive OBD reader is able to give you more in depth info. Some readers allow you to delve further into the code to pinpoint the cause.

P1336 code possible causes

• Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor
  • Crankshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Crankshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Signal plate may be damage
  • Starter motor may be faulty
  • Starting system circuit
  • Dead or weak battery

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very appreciated! Thanks for all the answers. I will try to find the cause. Unfortunately I don't have acces to a scanner with more in depth info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts