Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige, Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’m picking up my first Peugeot, a 2018 GTi Prestige with 26000 miles from a Peugeot dealership next week. The car comes with a 12 month used warranty but for £299 you can extend that by a year. Do you think that’s worth it?

What are people’s experience with this car, does it have many issues? - Rattles and other noises are one of my concerns as sometimes they can take a lot time to diagnose and fix.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I've got the extended warranty on my 2015 GT-line, and it's more than paid for itself with a couple of issues.

First issue was the rear wash pipe breaking. That entails the removal of the headlining and new pipe work being fed from the wash bottle (£160) and the latest fix being the main engine fan control unit (£220 including investigation work).

Worth every penny as the new pugs are so dratted complicated when they go wrong, and you get the dealership to sort it.

But I am lucky - my dealer is brilliant. I know of a couple of dealers in my area (Peugeot and others) who are 🤬 useless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I would say definitely worth it - Just sold my 2013 GTi and had a new Fuel pump at about 25K and New coil packs not long after and then wait for this - a £4,000 engine rebuild top end ( 30K) and the dealer said they at that point already had one other. The THP engine is brilliant but can be fragile even at low mileages and many people have has timing chain issues also. Enjoy the car it is good but defiantly needs a Peugeot warranty and it saved me big time.

By the way I have a very good condition Titan Tailored boot liner in mine which cost best part of £100 and kept the back of the car like new. If interested it is on ebay Titan Tailored Boot Liner - Peugeot 208 all (previous) Model including GTI | eBay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts