Peugeot 208 Forums banner

Engine Warning Light

19K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  mikejcc86 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a 208 GTI 2013.

Engine warning light came on this morning and i'm getting next to no power at all from it.

Has anyone else had this randomly happen? was absolutely fine last night. Feels almost like the turbo has been disconnected and i'm running on just the engine power alone. Takes an age to get up to 70mph.

Thx

#8 ·
Yes I had the fuel pump replaced and can add the part alone is indeed £575.00. My problem still hasn't been rectified. Still a loss of power on start up with Engine Warning light on, then after a couple of miles I pull over, switch off the engine and back on, then full power again. It seems like a valve issue but no-one can find what the fault is.

#9 ·
Hi I have a 208 GTI 2013. Engine warning light came on this morning and i'm getting next to no power at all from it. Has anyone else had this randomly happen? was absolutely fine last night. Feels almost like the turbo has been disconnected and i'm running on just the engine power alone. Takes an age to get up to 70mph. Thx
I've had this on mine, it ended up being the actator, a common problem with the 208 gti

#11 ·
Hi

I have a 208 GTI 2013.

Engine warning light came on this morning and i'm getting next to no power at all from it.

Has anyone else had this randomly happen? was absolutely fine last night. Feels almost like the turbo has been disconnected and i'm running on just the engine power alone. Takes an age to get up to 70mph.

Thx
Yeah kept happening to me. Dont fall for fuel pump or whatever, its the actuator that needs replacing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.