Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 208 GTI 2013.

Engine warning light came on this morning and i'm getting next to no power at all from it.

Has anyone else had this randomly happen? was absolutely fine last night. Feels almost like the turbo has been disconnected and i'm running on just the engine power alone. Takes an age to get up to 70mph.

Thx

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I had the turbo solenoid go on my last GTI which had a similar problem. Turned off and on again and drove OK for a mile or so before going into limp mode

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem on my last 2013 GTI, turned out to be the high pressure fuel pump, common fault on these engines apparently

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2016 had HPFP fail, tubrocharger fail, Catalitic converter needed changing...
It has 54,000km now, I'm the only owner, driver, and Iv'e been changing oil every 10,000km, car is stock.

FYI

·
Registered
2 Posts
eitama,
I hope your car is exceptional...
From some exploration I did, most folks commented that their 208 GTi was quite reliable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I had the fuel pump replaced and can add the part alone is indeed £575.00. My problem still hasn't been rectified. Still a loss of power on start up with Engine Warning light on, then after a couple of miles I pull over, switch off the engine and back on, then full power again. It seems like a valve issue but no-one can find what the fault is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts