Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had a slight glitch with the GTi so thought I'd share my experience. Randomly, indicated temperature would rise quickly, engine alarm would go, then gauge would drop back to normal.Took it to the dealer, diagnosed that it was a faulty temp sensor, but none in stock in Brisbane. They arranged for one to come overnight from Melbourne, and made alternate travel arrangements for me for 24 hours. Great service and all fixed under warranty. No cost, just a little inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day Tarmac,My dealer said that it wouldn't have overheated, and from the movement of the gauge at the time, I think they are right.
A couple of times I saw the gauge rising from it's usual 93 deg. Up to max, alarm, and drop down to 93 again took just a few seconds. It's very unlikely that the actual temperature could change that quickly.
Is yours fixed now ?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I wasn't driving, my missus was and she said it went right around to the red and then dropped straight back down to normal and engine warning came up on dash,

Water and oil levels were ok ?!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Yes just had that one appear after 3,000 miles no big issues dealers have been great being replaced under warranty. Lets hope that there is nothing else to go wrong, just spent a day polishing and then it pisses down rain.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hi guys just had this happen to mine, temperature
Through the roof warning lights pulled over checked
Car out all ok restarted all clear.Booked in to peugeot
For new temp sensor under warranty on Friday let
Ya know how it goes when fixed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.
Peugeot dealers are recalling 208 Gtito replace the temperature sensor.

Aparently the factory had received a batch of faulty sensors which were installed in some cars!

Problem typically occures at around 3000km onwards.

I had mine replaced just beginnig of this week.

Call the dealer to book a date..

All the jobs are done free as you would expect!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hi guys my car did not over heat when my gauge
Went in to the red as I only just set of driving . checked
Car over radiator was still cool but would be good to check
Yours out as my not be the same problems but I think
Peugeot is now recalling gti's for this fault.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Just done 3000 miles, car in for first service tomorrow and 2 recalls inc temp sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much would it cost to replace the suspect sensor?
I just had the same fault appear. First snow of the year may have caused the fault,as the car yesterday was ok!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts