Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replied to a question asking is this a common fault, my 2013 allure is currently in the garage awaiting a new engine.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hi! Can you tell me the reason for the need to replace your 1.2vti engine.I ask because my 1.2vti has been recalled to check the crankshaft timing.& the main dealer has told me if it is out of spec the engine will be replaced at peugeot,s expense!(Worried! will i get to see the true results?)Or will major engine damage develop & become obvious after the warranty has expired.

Please Reply.Dipstick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car had its engine replaced 9 months ago. I was told the crankshaft end float was out of tolerance. Pretty big hit to Peugeot. I hoped I might see fuel consumption improve from the miserable 38mpg we see but no joy. Otherwise the engine is fine. The gearbox still as clunky as ever!!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hi! Newbie.My car was recalled to check the crankshaft endfloat (slackness) the first time it just scraped under the peugeot tolerance limit so i had it re-checked at the first service and it was beyond the the limit so after a bit of debate between the main dealer & peugeot hq i was granted a new engine at peugeots expense.You can check all the posts i made on this issue if you go to the main message centre & go to the bottom of the page & click back through the post history number pages heading crankshaft endfloat re-call check.

Dipstick.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I was told this problem only occurred with 1.2 VTI's build in a period of 2013. I was told by a tecnician in my local dealer that it was a bad batch of crankshaft thrust washers. He also said to look at the cam belt in the oil filler and you should see some of the camshaft pulley outside of the cam belt. If you cannot see it you may have a problem.
My car was built on 17th April 2013, and I had a new engine fitted on recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts