Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all,
I have used few cars before this, but my peugot 208, when having it started first in the morning there will b a rattling sound that annoys me, but once the engine has warm up sufficiently, the engine will be quiet and smooth as silk. I have send to my service centre and they said it is normal. Anyone experience the same issue? Because my previous cars from other manufacturer doesnt have this prominent rattling sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey. Mine too is having quite similar problem as you described.

The rattling will come when I accelerate (car on the move, not stationary), which means with gear engaged. It's quite loud. But once the engine is warmed up, no such issue.

By the way, mine is 1.6 VTi - in Malaysia.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi skyblu,
I am malaysian as well, frm shah alam. I send to peugot service centre and they already ractify d issue. I suggest u go n personally take the technician for a drive. Update me ok :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
hamzani84,
Since the SC had rectified the issue...So what was the problem with your car? please share.

So was the rattling problem that you faced the same as mine?

I guess by the time I reach the SC, the car would have been properly warmed up. This issue i'm facing only happens when the engine is cold. After few minutes of driving, the rattling stops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear All,
I have seen your post here, and2 weeks before ipurchased a new 2013 Peugeot 208 active 1.6ltrs automatic/tiptronic.

i'm Lebanese, and also in the morning once I start the car the engine sound is high but after warming up it is almost silent, according to the service center, they said this normal in the Peugeot cars.

I have another questions if anyone realized this, once the car is on the road and it is on the second gear, there is a sound like shifting from second to the third gear ( the RPM goes down by 500RPM if it is 3500 then goes to 3000) but in actual the gear is not shifted and it is still on the second, then after the speed goes up again andthen it is shifted to the third gear after that. also the service center said that this is normal in the Peugeot cars gear, but I don'tknow if this is true.

is this normal to happen in the gear, please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I bought this 208 1.6 VTi 6 months ago.
I 'm facing the same rattling noise problem as well.
every early morning when the engine is still cool, then this noise can be heard easily.
I asked the techician at the service center about this problem.
He told me this is caused by the oil pump issue. It need to take a few minutes to reach the oil required level.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
This is not your engine rattling, its the gearbox. I noticed a rattle one night.when the car had been standing in the cold all day. Started it up. Fine. Then obviously revs go up to 1k then drop and settle on choke mode. Then say after 6 seconds the engine starts shaking quite a bit and rattling from the front left. So I dipped my clutch, noise disappeared. Then let it back up and the noise came back. Once it was driven it didn't happen again until a few days later. It happened quite a few times but not every start up. Not even every day so I told myself to keep an eye on it. Now the weather is warming up it doesn't happen anymore.

So next time it happens just press your clutch to see if the noise goes away.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I noticed this on my 1.6 thp. Cant hear it inside the car, but it was apparent a week back. 300 miles on clock, sounded almost diesel like. Just got back home and checked again. Its not perfect but acceptable. Probably ok due to the engine being warm.
I have 1st monthly service on Friday so will ask them to check.
Think I read somewhere about the engine having some timing chain slippage?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts