Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just booked my 1st full service with Robins and Day. The chap on the phone insisted that I had to have, and pay for, an engine flush alongside the service. Does this sound right and is an engine flush worth paying for?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
We used to flush engines with flushing oil when changing engine oil, not been necessary with modern engines for many years.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I would request the Service details from Peugeot, that should list everything required for a service to keep your warranty. I've never heard of such a thing unless there are contaminants in the oil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's more common on a diesel car because the oil get more dirtierthen a petrol car

but to explain what is do it cleans the inside of your engine

they put it inyour old oil en then letthe engine run for about30/45 min

and thendrain it and put new oil in your engine

it is not a bad thing to do you engine will stay cleaner on the inside

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Is this the 1st monthly service ? If so, I have contacted Peugeot about the warranty and the first
service. They stated to me that this is not a Peugeot requirement. This is something that some dealers take on themselves. Ive got mine on Friday and will be peed if they try that on me.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
My 208 was twelve months old last month and had its first annual service. I was given the option of an engine flush (at extra cost) which i accepted since I feel that a newly manufactured engine would probably benefit from having any odd bits and pieces flushed out. Having said that I will not be having this done again on subsequent services since by that time I feel any debris will be collected in the oil filter anyway.
I suspect that with modern manufacturing techniques and practices an engine flush may well be superfluous but I don't feel it is too much to pay just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Modern petrol engines do not require engine flushing during an oil change, that is a thing of the distant past!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts