Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting my car this afternoon, my 208 bleeped at me and showed an 'Engine Fault. Repair Needed' message on my dashboard. And the engine lamp stays lit in orange.

The car will be 3 years old in July and I've never had this come on before. It felt a bit sluggish this morning but I didn't think anything of it as there were no warning lamps or anything.

I phoned my dealer and they can't fit it in till next Thursday to have a look. They said it should be ok to drive still, but short journeys.

Is this safe?!

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Anything orange is driveable, although it might well go in to limp home mode (which may explain it being sluggish).

Which engine is it?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 208 Allure - 1.4 petrol engine. It's done about 6500 miles.

It seemed sluggish upon changing gear and seemed to take a while to get going. Having never had anything like this before on a car, I'm unsure whether I will make whatever the problem is, worse!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
As long as it's not a red light, it's safe to drive, but obviously needs looking at as soon as you can.

Can't really hazard a guess at what it could be, as there are plenty of things that will trigger that light to come on - don't suppose you have or know anyone who has an OBD scanner to get the fault code?

Whatever it is, should probably be covered under warranty anyway, so I shouldn't worry.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't driven it since the light came on! I'll take it out over the weekend and hope it stays as an orange light. No access to an OBD scanner, so will just be careful until it goes to the garage on the 2nd!

Thanks for your advice :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check your touch screen under vehicle settings, there is an option to check out any issues with the car, I am sure this will be the area that may explain the fault? 6,500 miles seems very little over a three year period, I take it you do short local journeys? it could be carbon build up that may be causing issues with emissions? hopefully nothing serious, but whatever the garage can do, you may need to take it out for a good run and hopefully this may be of beneficial use for the future?However I have placed a post with regards to a cruise control issue which has me a little confused at the mo.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car has been at the dealership all day. They just rang to say it was a faulty camshaft sensor. It has apparently been replaced and the warning light no longer comes on. So hopefully that is the fix!

·
Registered
1 Posts
208 tdci pat fluid motor short to B

Hi
i have 208 1.4 tdci 2013 diagnostic showed pat fluid motor short to B i have now replaced it with a guanine Peugeot part cost nearly £190 but still got same fault car is doing my head in.

Even tried to re-program Pat fluid motor but no joy, can anyone suggest what i can do next please.

Yunus

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a peugot 208, 1.2 active. This afternoon the engine fault light starting beeping with the both engine symbols on, in orange. The one just lit and the other flashing. I am supposed to take the cat for a diagnostic test in the morning but I am worried about driving a 35km distance to the workshop. Is it safe? Will I maybe cause more harm driving?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son has a Peugeot 208, 1.2 active. When he bought it the guy said keep the oil topped up. My son does very low mileage so didn't really take much notice. After a few months of tootling around the Engine warning light came on with Repair Needed. It went into limp mode and wouldn't rev or go over about 10mph.
We checked the oil and it was on minimum.
Topped up the oil with 1l.
Started the engine and the light stayed on, and it still drove sluggish.
Stopped it and left it for a couple of hours whilst we called the garage who said bring it in.
When we restarted the light was on, but it drove fine.
We stopped it and restarted and the light had gone out and it was fine again.
Yesterday after a year the same happened.
Did the same, topped up the oil with 1l and bingo all was fine after a few restarts :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts