Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had this fault pop up on the dash Engine Fault Repair Required it's intermittent if you stop the car and start again it clears but pops up again. Has anyone else experienced this. Might be me but I think that there is a slight power loss but engine temp is normal. Car only back from dealer having had the engine temperature sensor replaced.

Cheers Pete

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and I have read the post sounds very familiar. Hope it gets sorted back to dealer on Monday morning will keep you posted on developments.

Regards Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.
Peugeot dealers are recalling 208 Gti to replace the temperature sensor. ( over here in France anyway )

Aparently the factory had received a batch of faulty sensors which were installed in some cars!

Problem typically occures at around 3000km onwards.

I had mine replaced just beginnig of this week.
All the jobs are done free as you would expect!

Call the dealer to book a date..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ask them if they have received a batch of faulty engines also... like mine has power loss issues from 1000khm
Engine code ep6cdtx

Thanks

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just on 3,000 miles fault still popping up goes back in on Monday will let you know what has been said.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok this fault has now been sorted by dealers and has been diagnosed as a pin hole in the vacuum pipe, car is back to full power again and hopefully no further problems expected. This does explain the power loss as I had earlier explained hopefully this might help others in similair predicaments. Forums are invaluable in the share of information takes the guess work out of it.

Cheers Pete

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Parrot1566 said:
Ok this fault has now been sorted by dealers and has been diagnosed as a pin hole in the vacuum pipe, car is back to full power again and hopefully no further problems expected. This does explain the power loss as I had earlier explained hopefully this might help others in similair predicaments. Forums are invaluable in the by WorldWideCoupon" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">share of information takes the guess work out of it.

Cheers Pete

This happend to me too, i started the engine without the valcum pipe attatched and warning came up i hope its an easy thing<div id="__if72ru4sdfsdfrkjahiuyi_once" style="display:none;">
<div id="__hggasdgjhsagd_once" style="display:none;">

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Had same, no power. Engine fault need repair etc. Had a dud wire (intermittent break in continuity) for boost control sensor. All good.It took 2 days to find it so I gather it is not a common problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem last year, the dealer took ages to find the recalls needed. It turned out to be the variable timing valve I think they said. My car had to have a new head gasket, amongst other things and it was only 9 months old. Peugeot knew about the problems and should of recalled all the models, with this part including the RCZ. I had to fight with customer service and my dealer to get anything sorted, after a few events of this happening.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Yeah how about that. Mine started off as an intermittent fault and would reset and be fine next drive then got progressively worse until permanently on failsafe mode.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I had the same problem within the first day of ownership ...
actually after on 30 minutes drive from Peugeot dealer

I drove the car back immediately for a check ... They have identified a loose sensor on VVT ... After fix the car is running perfect

Symptoms were the same ... limited power ... difficult to start the engine

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I just posted a new topic on here as my engine fault message popped up today. It was fine this morning, although felt sluggish, although didn't think anything of it. Then the warning appeared this afternoon. My dealer can't fit it in for a look till Thursday 2nd, is it ok to drive till then? They told me it should be! But I'm not sure, don't want to make it worse and potentially not be covered under warranty.

Mine is a 208 Allure, 2 years and 8 months old with 6500 miles on the clock.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello mates.
I own the peugeot 208, 1.4 hdi, 68hp, petrol.

I was driving on the national highway and suddenly I got a pop-up warning "engine fault - have your vehicle repaired" and the orange icon lighting on the dashboard.
I have the car for 2 years and just 35.500 km.
Since I couldn't understand what the problem was I asked from my insurance to pick up the car and get me back to my town.

Unfortunatelly the next morning the signs - warnings had gone. And after driving the car to the Peugeot local dealer he couldn't track donw the problem in the car's computer. He said it could be anything but most possible the fuel (petrol) was of bad quality and that gave a temporary problem to the engine.

Whatever, it was a really dissapointing epxerience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This problems is very common ths days with this cars
From my exprience from cars specially peugeot if this engine light is something serious it will happen again.. if now just happen from the fuel ok bad luck... best solution i tell you to do is... let the car almost empty and then full up with diesel from one gas station that you have good review from others ... then if the problem goes and never come back use the same gas station ... if you have again light it meens something electronic sensor or something else start to have problem.. if the engine light come and stay on then the peugeot service will find the fault code and then it will fix it for you....

i hope you good luck and next time don't buy again peugeot :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I purchased a 2014 Peugeot 208 last week, currently has 39000 miles on clock. Since the weekend the Engine warning light has been coming on and off, along with a message on the screen saying ''engine fault repair required''. The car goes sluggish when this happens.

It happens intermittently, I returned the car to the dealer this morning who to be fair replaced the spark plugs but as I left the garage the same message popped up along with the engine warning light. I drove straight back to the dealer who took the car for a drive and said the car seemed fie and the light had gone out. They said if this continues to happen then to return the car and they will investigate.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this? or any advise or knowledge about similar issues?

PLEASE HELP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts