Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi allive got a serious problem with a new 208 access plus hdi which has 5278 miles on the clock.
Yesterday whilst driving on the motorway there was a quiet rattling noise which gradually got louder after a couplr of miles and started to loose power, i decided to pull on to the hardshoulder incase something serious happened (i had two my two children with me) and phoned the AA, he came and checked the oil and coolant which were both fine, he then switched on the car and revved the engine when he too heard the awful noise. Had to be towed home and now my car is going to need a new engine, will this be under warranty?, has this happened to anyone else?. It hasn't been serviced yet because theres less than 12000 on the clock and its under 2 years old :(

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
As I understand it the service intervals are 1 year OR 20,000 miles which ever comes sooner. So if the car is over 1 yr old it should have had a service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I phoned yesterday and they confirmed the car isn't due for a service but they are going to fix it because it's still under warranty. With it being a brand New car this shouldn't of happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts