Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone's had the same issue that ive been having recently with my 1.2 208 allure?? For the past couple of months when sat withjust the ignition on, after a few mins my car goes into economy mode and so everything switches off. I know it shouldnt stay on forever(about 30mins?!) but its really annoying when you cant sit and listen to the radiowhilst parked up with the engine off!
Ive had it bookedin peugeotstoneacre and they said that the diagnostics showed no fault, the car is fine
. and that economy mode is to preserve the battery so its doing its job! My argument is that it used to stay onmuch longer, but they dont seem to care!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hi
That sounds normal to me , mine does the same and my old c2 Citroen did the same. I have to agree it is annoying though.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
You can listen to the radio with the ignition off by pressing the radio volume knob after you switch off the ignition. This will give you a period with the radio on . At the end of the period the radio will switch off, but can be put on for another period by turning the ignition on again, then turn it off and press the knob again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Just thought I'd give an update as to what happened after I wrote this... A couple of weeks ago my fear came true... Came out of a restaurant to find my car wouldn't start, totally dead! Luckily my dad was there and it was on a slight hill-so he bumped it off and we went for a long drive. As soon as I turned it off, same thing happened!! :(
Only just got it back after being in the garage 10days, new alternator and battery and some other things too!
Advice for anyone having a similar problem, don't listen to the garage saying its 'fine' to go into economy mode after 2 mins...clearly it's not!!
Stone acre have since done some major backtracking!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I had this problem today for the second time. I left the car in parking position for 3 weeks and got this warning today on Smeg screen WHEN I FIRST TURN THE IGNITION half. And it went away after starting the engine. I think battery is dying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds to me like the "Economy mode" activates when the battery voltage drops below a set level rather than a timer. So the quicker it activates the poorer the condition of your battery or you are doing lots of short stop start trips and the battery never reaches full charge.Most of my trips are over 1 hour motorway trips and I find Economy mode activates after around 30 minutes when parked up.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I bought a cteck battery charger which allows you to charge a battery while still connected, (check cteck model before buying) as we all do low miles in my household, before winter I charge all 3 of my cars for 24 hours on AGM mode. Which seems to prolong the life of the battery and keep the eco mode working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts