Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I collected my 5 door 208active plus with ecg on the 23rd November guess what 2 hours later warning messages have gearbox repaired back to dealer reset things ok for couple days then come back twice a day for five days dealer had car back on Friday for whole day nothing wrong went wrong again Sunday and every day since dealer allegedly making calls as to what's wrong its like driving's a 1970s centrifugal clutch moped not very happy not a good car no confidence in so far .its now done 600 miles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update the dealer wants the car allday Friday either fixed diagnosed properly or hire car until fixed still not happy another day without it worst new car ever about the sixth I have had on motability don't know any one else whose new car gone wrong within 2 hours of picking it up.must be an award for the 208 here somewhare

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Sorry Ken1959 the 208 doesn't get an award. My farther in law years ago picked up his new company car, a Talbot Horizon (I think). He got 50 yards down the road and the engine fell out!!!.

Anyway, really sorry to hear your having problems, I hope they get it sorted soon, so you can get to actually enjoy driving your new car.
If they don't sort it soon, try rejecting the car, and asking for a new replacement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at least that was easy to diagnose my last peugeot was the 106 about eight years ago i had just had it serviced and they call me to take it back as the mechanic could not remember lightning the engine mountings back up after changing cam beltmotability ae on the case i have offered to put it into a tree but they said that was not a good idea

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good news touch screen lights gone out cant see a thing car is going from bad to worse was quality control person away tht day it was thrown together

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Think you should consider rejecting the car as not fit for purpose - if you are having these problems now who knows what else might crop up in the future. All manufacturers occasionally will have a car that is not right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update needs new gearbox bad news not avaliable earlist cat will be back on the road is 29 dec lucky motability arranged a hire car for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had new gearbox failed next day failed twice since car now been returned to motability as not fit for purpose avoid the egc at all cost

·
Registered
10 Posts
Touch wood, fingers crossed and all that
not had any issues with my car since delivery on 4th Dec and have clocked up 2,500 miles now. No ECG, touchscreen or any other issues whatsoever. Only thing I'm not so happy with is the fuel consumption at present, on a full tank it will do 450-500 around town and 600 on the motorway - I was expecting more. But can't grumble as the rest of the car has been really good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi thereI collected my 208 allure 1.4 ECG on 19th December 2012.I was initially a littledisappointed lack ofresponsewhen driving in automatic when going uphill .It felt as though it might stall which i thought might be due to its stop/start technology which i wasunfamiliar with. However on 27th of December when driving in the fast lane of the M25 with my 2 children on board the gearbox failed and we were hit from behind. We were very lucky that no one was hurt. We had been in controlled 60 mph lanes which then changed to 50 mph .I changed down gear from 5th to 4th, there was a terrible grinding noise and complete loss of power. The car ground to a halt with display showing "engine failure" and the car hit us from behind. The on board computer showed that we de-accelerated from 60 mph to 29 mph as recorded by the seat belt impact data yet Peugeot say there was nothing wrong with the gearbox and the car performed as it should have .
The car has been with Peugeot since 27th December and despite their investigation, can give no explanation as to why our car should loose all power and stop in the fast lane on the M25. They have repaired the damage from the impact and are happy for us to have the car back but cannot offer any reassurance that this will not happen again. We have lost all confidence in the car but have no option as far as Peugeot are concerned but to have the car back as they maintain they found nothing wrong with it mechanically !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts