Peugeot 208 Forums banner

Down on power.

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Josephbonetti 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum and I’m having problems with my partners car.
It is a Peugeot 208 1.2 three cylinder on a 14 plate and it is having problems with poor acceleration and rough idle.

I have replaced the spark plugs and it seemed ok for a couple of days but then it was playing up again.

So I had the codes read and the lad decided it was the upstream oxygen sensor. This was replaced and again it seemed ok for a couple of days before playing up again.

So I plugged my own computer on and I get no active codes and after reading about oxygen sensors I watch the live data and the upstream switches between rich and lean as it should but the Downstream sensor stays constant at about 0.1 v which is a lean condition. When I spray a little bit brake cleaner in intake both sensors read rich so must be working ok.

So my thinking was that the 1st sensor reads ok and the 2nd reads lean so expected to find a crack in catalytic converter.... took it to bits and didn’t find anything!! Could the cat still be at fault causing these issues?? There is only 16,000 miles on it. Am I missing something? Also when I unplug each coil pack the engine just about cuts out so cylinders must be firing ok. Any help appreciated

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.