Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here. Got a question about dealer discounts, just wondered if anyone can share some info?

I'm looking to order a new allure and wanted some extra's.... Glass roof, armrest, wheel upgrades....

Just wondered what kind of deals the dealer can do to secure a sale. The wife got about 5% off when you take into account the price reduction and free mats and rear parking sensors when she purchased hers.

Not sure how far I can push them.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I had a chat with my dealers over in Sweden, it seemed like the only models they absolutely weren't willing to discount were the 1.6 THP Félines.
I payed a heck of a lot less than list (I'mcoy about listing prices since I paid in SwedishKronor and it really is comparing apples with pears with UK prices, you pay a lot less from the off)but then again it was pre-registered and they didn't want a few-months-old car standing on the forecourt. I essentially paid less than a used example of the same vintage
- when I asked if they'd go lower on the demo I'd just driven got a flat no.

I wouldn't like to think that 10% is out of the question, but at the same time don't know how the market's doing in the UK right now. In Sweden it has been dead as a doornail on new cars, used car prices are firm though which is why I went brand new instead of used.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I also wondered if I could play on the fact a lot of people don't want a 13 plate car.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Think it is always worth a try. Depends really on how well the cars are selling. Given the spec of the car it was priced competitivly compared to other makes given the spec etc. Peugeot then have a decision, do they want to get as many cars out as possible early so it get seen and encourages new buyers or are they confident it will sell well anyway and therefore are going to be less inclined to give discounts. Now other makes with similair styling and spec are becoming available - new clio for axample, there may be a bit more competition in the market so dealers may be more inclined. Have not compared prices for the new models however to see how they stack up against each other.
I rememebr just over 3 years ago we looked at several cars before getting 207GTi. Renault would not move very at all on a Clio 200, Vauxhall were a bit more occomodating on the Corsa VXR but we got by far the better deal on the 207. We were however repeat customers with the dealer but they gave us a good discount even with trade in compared to the list price.

When ordering the 208 and trading in the GTi they were not overly genorous with trade in and would not move on price pont for new car but did have some flexibility with extra's. This was with same dealer as we have used in the past.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting you mention the Clio IV, that's still solidly above 208 prices due to it being brand new, over here. Fiestas seem to be the same price and whilst I love how the Ford handles couldn't live with the interior or the new 'Fakeston Martin' grille. Same goes for the new Clio mind you, couldn't get on with the interior or exterior stylingthere either, the Pug's just classier IMHO. Even if I have an issue with the black insert on the rear doorsof the 5-door it didn't stop me buying one.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a look at the Fiesta before the wife ordered her 208 and we hated the interior. Felt really small inside and I really didn't like the way the dash angled back into the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You could try buying through an internet broker

I got £2k off the list price of mine - the dealer was not willing to give any discount and a laughable amount of trade in for my existing car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts