Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I purchased a brand new e208 a few months ago. The WLTP full battery range is 217 miles and my dealer assured me I would get >200 miles. I drive the car solo, in eco mode, air con on minimum, predominantly in central london (10-40mph) with a calm driving style. Despite this I have never got more than 150 miles out of a full battery and the range dropped to 110 miles in Winter.

Is this the norm or is my battery underperforming. I have tried going back to my dealer but haven't got a straight answer. Had I known the real range was 30% less than the advertised figures, I wouldn't have purchased this car.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my GT-Line end of November, only done 560 miles so far. Charged it up last night and it suggested a range of 200 miles in ECO mode. Most of my journeys are short, most common less than a mile, a petrol or diesel would never warm up. Very happy with my car

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am supposed to take delivery of an electric 208 next week. My car would only have a regular one phase charger. I can not get clear answers from the sales manager and am concerned about distance especially in the summer and the need to travel about 120 kilometers a day on highways with air conditioning. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think very carefully about buying the Peugeot e208 if battery range is a key consideration for you. Despite the claims ion Peugeot’s official advertising, I have yet to manage more than 150-160 miles on a full charge and that’s on eco mode with no air con and no passengers. in winter the range plummeted to 110 miles. I’ve tried engaging with my Peugeot dealer for the last 4 months on this issue but had very little meaningful response. Since I am dependent on commercial chargers, the car is proving uneconomical and impractical to run.

Having spoken with owners of other EVs, the real life range appears to be much closer to the marketed WLTP quotes figures for other makes. If I had my time again, and been correctly informed, sadly I would not have purchased this car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts