Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon everyone,

My first post on this site so please go easy haha!

Just wondering if anyone could help got a Peugeot as my first car last June and yesterday when I was trying to reset the miles I accidentally turned off my digital speedo. I feel lost without haha! Just wondering if anyone knows how to turn this back on? I've tried everything and there is nothing in the handbook to turn it back on.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can help me out!
Cheers,
J.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
The button on the end of the wipers stalk scrolls through the different options for the display. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.

When I press that button it just go through the different trips then about my fuel and goes on loop.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It was on the end of the wiper stalk on prefacelift models i.e. prior to June 2015.
It is mentioned on pages 11 and 12 of the manual for facelifted model, and I think you may have to press one of the buttons below the display and scroll through until you have the display you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for replying to my question.

I do have that button but it only displays trips on my touch screen then my fuel. I have the 16 plate and my manual on those pages only talk about locking and unlocking the car.

J

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I also have a 16 plate and the button at the end of the wiper stalk on mine does do what you say.
I had a 2013 Allure, and on that you could change the display via the stalk button
I have tried everything but I cannot alter the screen with the digital speedometer on it.
On the touchscreen there is a section with vehicle setting on it. On that screen there is a factory reset button. I wonder if that is worth trying. You will probably then have to reset language, km/hr or miles/hr etc.
I should have said pages 34 and 35 in the manual See under control button, but depending on version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your suggestion.

Just went and tried that there but it didn't work.
But thanks for your help!

J

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I do it with the car started and the touchscreen NOT on the trip computer function. Tapping the end of the wiper stalk changes between fuel economy, speed, blank, compass and navigation

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It all changed on the facelift models in June 2015. On my 208 GT-Line it brings up the trip fuel consumptions on the touchscreen only. It does not alter anything on the display between the speedo and rev counter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I don't know if you solved the digital speedometer problem but it happens to me and I find how to fix it.
To turn it off you used the SET button, right? To turn it back on you press the same button until the two lines appear and release it, then press the middle button (backlight up), it will appear the zero number again. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To turn it back on. Turn off ignition and press set/spanner button whilst the digital information is displayed and the car is off for 10 secs. This mark -- will come up press it again and 0 will cone up marking your digital speedometer.
Hope this help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts