Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I ordered my car on the 12th October. It is a 5 door 1.6 e-HDI 115 Feline+ satnavin shark grey.
I was initially told delivery would be 12 weeks from date of order. This is my first brand new car and I never guessed it would take so long. I reluctantly agreed as I would rather wait a few more weeks to get the car specced to my liking.
Dealer confirmed today that my car has been built and is waiting to be sent a distribution centre. I should get it in the next fortnight or so. I am going crazy in anticipation.

I genuinely LOVE the looks of the car! Surprised that to date I have not seen a single 208 on the road. Loving all your photo's and reports on your new toys. Looking forward to adding some of my own very very shortly ;-)

Franco_Feline

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums

It will be worth the wait and sounds like it's arriving a little earlier than expected too which is good news

I'm starting to see a couple more on the roads now but still nice and rare.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Welcome along. I know how you feel. I only had to wait two weeks for mine and that was bad enough! As Dan said though, it will be worth the wait.

I hadn't seen any 208s on the road until a few weeks ago when I saw two in the space of a couple of hours! I quite like the exclusivity of mine at the moment, you can see people looking at it wondering what it is!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 weeks! wow your lucky!Yes I mustadmit will be nice to be a bit exclusive but I somehow doubt it will last. I remember maybe 10 years ago if not even earlier seeing the streets of london awash with Peugeot 206's, and I think the 208 is better by MILES.

Hopefully when there are a lot moremembers we can organise a cruise. Never been on one but fancy showboating our beautiful 208's to the world lol

I'm going to call the dealer on Monday for an update. Will let you guys know what's happening.

BTW thanks to you both for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi and welcome, good model choice and colour - I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it - one of the best cars I've owned - just hope you don't have trouble with the Ipod / Iphone connection as I have

Rich

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers PoloX. I took ages deciding on the model and finally decided that it was worth paying the premium forfeline spec. I hope the screen works fine with the iphone! it was one of the big selling points for me. I have noticed that a lot of members have had trouble with their screens, I just hope peugeot are quick to rectify any issues.
Baz that is very lucky indeed. What I can't understand is why the entire bloody car manufacturing industry shut up shop for the whole of summer and December!! I mean I thought these guys were trying to sell as many cars as possible?! I realise it's a very selfish sentiment and am sure the guys who get all this time off would rather things stay just as they are.

Desperate to call the dealer back. But I said I would wait until Monday and that is what I shall stick to (hopefully lol).

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
It does seem daft that they shut for the summer, but I think they've been doing that for years. We had a similar thing when we ordered our 207 GT a few years ago. Fortunately there was one in another dealer in this country so we had that!

I connect my iPhone via Bluetooth and (touch wood!) it's behaved itself perfectly so far. I did also try connecting it with the cable and it was fine too, but I prefer not to use cables if I can.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Yes, I canimagineyour frustration. I was lucky that I bought one wich was already built and in the Netherlands. Even now I'm waiting very eagerly but to have to wait for month's,... I can't even imagine how frustrating that feels.

But I'm sure it's worth the wait (I know,.. hollow words) and I like your choice of colour. Shark grey suits the 208 very well. It's only that I wanted something "different" that I chose for the blossom grey otherwise it would also have been a shrak gey.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I connect my iPhone via Bluetooth and (touch wood!) it's behaved itself perfectly so far. I did also try connecting it with the cable and it was fine too, but I prefer not to use cables if I can.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Baz, my iphone worked ok via bluetooth, but I like to see track info on screen and have it charging - I see someone else has had the same problems, and I haven't heard from Peugeot , so guess it can't be fixed, Have covered nearly 4000 miles now and no other faults so overall - chuffed !

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will personally prefer to connect using bluetooth but there will certainly be times when I will plug in a cable to charge the phone. I would hope that the funtionality of the phone would be the same as with bluetooth.
It is slightly concerning that Peugeot have not got back to you. Customer service/after care is what will decide now if the 208 becomes the best selling supermini for the next 5 years. If your listening Peugeot, pay attention!

I've posted in the order section but just to update and put a close to this thread, I pick up my car tomorrow
. Here are some photo's I took today while having a quick peek.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I prefer using Bluetooth just because I really can't be arsed carrying a cable around, and I think it looks ugly in the car with a cable. It also means I can leave my phone in my pocket if I want.

You do get more information when plugging it into the USB socket, like the cover artwork, track times and fast forward/rewind using the touch screen. I'm happy to sacrifice that though for it being wire free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts