Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all u peugeot 208 fans I've being trying two buy a 208 1.2active 5 door in silver over the last few weeks with a couple of dealers worksop peugeot and one in Mansfield Evans I' can't believe the shunts there pull to get you in show rooms both have sayer a deal over the phone and the next day u go in and try and do the deal oh we just sold it we can get another one but more money both dealers pulled same shunt guess these dealers don't want my money

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I agreed my deal with salesman over via email/phone.
However, that was at the 3rd of the local dealers. The 1st one (which is nearest) is a small town garage and lost its franchise for new cars but is still selling them but underwritten from another Peugeot dealer down in Stirling. Although great service, very helpful, etc they weren't able to budge on price. The 2nd one, I contacted the dealer and salesman made an appointment for me to go and see him. When I arrived I told reception I was here to see him. I noticed he was with other customers, I wasn't offered a tea or coffee and 3 other sales men sitting around free didn't offer to see me. After half an hour the salesman walk outside with the customers and went out for a test drive......then I went home!!
Then 3rd dealer I emailed. As I'd already had test drive at the local garage and knew the spec, engine I was looking for it was all agreed via email/phone with what I thought was a good deal.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Being a salesman with another manufacturer, I used some contacts and got dealerships calling me up at work, bidding down the price. Finally got 2 grand off my GTI with Mark Howard at Randles Peugeot in Stoke. He always contacted me back if he was busy when I called, the handover was great and it was really worth the 200 mile drive. They could have delivered, but I wanted to get the full handover experience.

Also looking at getting a car off him for my girlfriend and he's done an awesome deal on that. If anyone needs to get in contact with him, just let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts