Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the latest specification for the 208, it appears that DAB radio upgrade is now a standard fitting on Allure models and up. This spec is dated 2nd April 2013 Version 13.

Anyone got it in their car?

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And mine, It is due for end May delivery so it should have it.

What model are you having? Mine is a 3 Door Allure 1.2 VTI in Rioja Red with 16" Technical Grey wheels.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Same as you, 1.2 3 door in Shark Grey with the grey wheels and the glass roof. End of may delivery too.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Is it possible to see some pictures of the DAB radio interface?

Does it revert back to the relevant FM signal if DAB signal is weak?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would also be interested in knowing how it is controlled.

Ie is everything done via the touchscreen and the steering wheel?

Reason I ask is because i took delivery of my Allure at the beginning of March (without DAB) & have contacted the dealer asking about options.

Apparently there are 2 solutions as a retrofit.

One of them uses a 'plip' remote to change DAB channel, with volume control being done from the steering whee - everything else is hidden behind the touch screen.

Wondering how it is controlled if factory fitted.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Factory fit is controlled jut as FM is from the touchscreen and the wheel. I'll get some pics today and post them up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sch0 said:
Factory fit is controlled jut as FM is from the touchscreen and the wheel. I'll get some pics today and post them up.

Ok thanks.....pics would be good.

Am just wondering whether to get it fitted.........ht ething that will bug me is having to change stations with the 'plip'.

Any technical wiz know why it has to be done like this rather than via the touchscreen?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
You just pick the DAB option from the radio menu
This is the view when you have the radio on

The saved stations screen

And the view when your in Fuel Consumption mode

·
Registered
31 Posts
I second that, thanks for the pics and taking the time to post them.

I'm still perplexed as to why the 'upgrade' or 'retro-fit' requires a plip to change channels.

If the source can be selected from the steering wheel then once on screen surely its just a case of either touching the screen to get the correct station, or using the thumbwheel.......why the 'plip'?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I've seen the two available options on the Peugeot website and am not impressed with either. It seems i will have to have a separate unit attached to the dashboard and then use a remote device to change channels. NO THANKS, if an integrated solution is not made available then I will just not bother and listen to the music that I really like on a USB flash drive instead. From what I read it is not a guaranteed shutdown of the analogue service in 2015 so I think I will wait to see what actually develops. Surely it can't be beyond Peugoet to provide a properly integrated solution. Ah well, goodbye radio.

·
Registered
31 Posts
NickyNoogle said:
I've seen the two available options on the Peugeot website and am not impressed with either. It seems i will have to have a separate unit attached to the dashboard and then use a remote device to change channels. NO THANKS, if an integrated solution is not made available then I will just not bother and listen to the music that I really like on a USB flash drive instead. From what I read it is not a guaranteed shutdown of the analogue service in 2015 so I think I will wait to see what actually develops. Surely it can't be beyond Peugoet to provide a properly integrated solution. Ah well, goodbye radio.

My feeling exactly...............don't want a big brick glued to my dash...............or a smaller brick that will be swishing around somewhere in the car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts