Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I've had a problem with my GTi the past few months, where there is a creaking coming from the boot area when I go up a driveway at an angle (kerb) or turn a corner at speed.

I took the car back to Peugeot last week and they replaced the springs on the boot lid, but the problemis still there. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem, and that turned out to be as simple as the inlay inside my spare tire that were loose. (The foam thing with the jack in it etc).

Had to re-fit it and make sure it was tighlty locked into place, and the sound disappeared. Wouldt hurt you to check it at least.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply, I will check it out tomorrow and let you know of the result.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Ill be investigating this issue over the next few days so I'll report back with what I find.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Creaking is still there, I took out the spare wheel and jack etc but made no difference. Back to Peugeot it goes!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently the noise is coming from the boot lock!

If you go up a drive at an angle or kerb etc, the chassis twists causing the boot lock to grind against the catch. Nothing I can do about it unless I wrap fabric around the catch.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rubberball you are a star! Just tried it and its worked! thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update on this -the creaking has disappeared but another chattering noise has appeared from the lock. I have had to put electrical tape around the latch to stop the noise. It could be something to do with this warm weather we are having!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts