Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due my 1st service in 4 weeks, what should I expect to pay for what is really an oil and filter change?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hi Bradshaw mine is due Tuesday and I've been quoted
£243 from robins and day peugeot in bristol bit off a rip off
But will see wot they do on my service and let ya know

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Mine was £186 on the 5th of april
Evans halshaw wakefield

All filters & oil change !!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Yeah first service is only an oil and oil filter change. Oh and a new copper washer for the sump plug! Can't forget that as that's why they charge so much. You seen the price of copper washers these days and the amount of time it takes to put a new one on? Fortunes!!

On a serious note anything over £200 is basically the equivalent to collecting a pen from underneath your homosexual 47year old bosses desk with your trousers down.

Around the £140-£160 mark is what I'd be expecting to pay. Mine was £129.99/£139.99 (can't remember exactly) for a 1.2vvvtttyyyyiiii.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Had my car serviced today by robins and day £245
Which was 3 recalls oil change filter change
Flush oil flush fuel lines and pollen filters also got a 1 litre of
Oil free for topping up check all parts and car wash.
Thanks peugeot but not that cheap

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Think they overcharged you ! Mine was £159.99, that's for a 1.2. Nothing in the service list about flushing oil/fuel lines etc. Re-calls cost you nothing.
Mine was at a Robins and Day too.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just booked my GTI in for it's first service, £125, I don't think that is too bad. Already had the first recall done, the other two will be done next Wed at the same time as the service.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I was quoted £240 by Robins and Day when I phoned up to book, but I already had a quote from one of the guys at their shop for £170 so they honoured the original quote. However I was also told it needed an engine flush by the guy on the phone which was extra, again, when I took it in, I was told it wouldn't need it. Seems they are rather inconsistent in advice and pricing!

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
My 1.2VTI Allure had its 1st service today, being one year old tomorrow. It has done 7900 miles.

Costs were as follows
Labour75.62
Drain plug Gasket0.43
Washer liquid 1.10Incidently I filled my washers
with RainX fluid before I took it in
Oil Filter8.91
Pollen Filters33.97
Oil56.04 Charged for 5 litre can with unused oil
Left in can in boot for top ups
VHC ReportFree
VAT35.22

Total Cost 211.30

I am on a three year service plan costing £14.45 per month which includes all parts and labour and MOT at year 3, Three years will cost me £520.20 including MOT. S with 2 services and two winter checks, I feel by having the service plan I will save money in the long run.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
£211, what a rip off! I thought my £125 ist service wasn't too bad, bloke parked next to me today had paid £75 on his GTI. Guess where Im going next year!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Wow ! That's the trouble buying new. You can't afford NOT to have the book
stamped, so they they have you where they want.
I signed up for a 5 year service plan. It only cost £13 P/M, and includes
everything except pads Clutch and belts.
If you sell your car, you can either transfer the plan or simply
cash it in without charge.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I payed a deposit of £250 on Saturday and 20 payments of £25 for a 3 year service plan everything is covered apart from wipers wheels and pads. I though I was doing well as the last 2 quotes I got for a single service was £416 and £315 but obviously not lol

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Standard service prices are around £140. You don't have to take it to Peugeot for it's services, and a local garage can stamp your service book for it to be "full" service history.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If my local Peugeot dealer can do the first service for £120 why can't other dealers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts