Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have these and find that they actually work? They don't seem to work on my 208 Allure.

On the Feline model, these are fitted as standard, but on the Allure (according to the spec / options) they come as a compulsory option as a package with the reversing sensors. Quite what the connection is between these two items, I'm not too sure? The Cornering fog lamps should be able to be enabled or disabled in the vehicle configuration menu, but they don't even appear in mine! The reversing sensors are fitted though and work perfectly.

On the Feline (where not included as standard, ie. other than THP 156 Model) the reversing sensors are a £270 option, but the Allure option of Reversing sensors includes these 'cornering fog lamps' and costs £340, so a difference of £70. Now I'm not too bothered about the cornering fog lamps, but as I've been charged for them, I'd like them to be working, or I'd like £70 back! The dealers are looking into this and we shall discuss it at my one month check on the 26th of this month. I really just wanted to know if anyone else has the cornering fog lamps facility working on their cars before I go to discuss it on the 26th?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
there was a build issue with these I contacted my dealer in Septemberthey can not be retro fitted . Contact your dealer they should refund you the cost of the option £70 peugeot customer care should also contact you

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that information from you both - very useful. I shall certainly be taking the issue up again with the dealers at the one month check next monday.

I'm not that surprised that they are "worse than useless". As I said, it isn't an option I particularly wanted, but with the Allure you have no choice if you want the rear parking sensors. It is interesting that they are working on your Feline though, and I wonder why they can't be made to work on the Allure? Anyway it seems simple enough, either they're made to work or I shall expect a refund of £70.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Work on our Feline as well - but came as standard as it is THP. They do only operate at low speeds and when putting in a certain level of turn into the wheel. Agree not much benefit as all they really do is light up the pavement.
Have same on my Ibiza and there is no real difference in how they work - to the extent that I didn't even relaise that they did it until a neighbour mentioned it when I followedhim home the other night and I have had the car 8 months

·
Registered
16 Posts
For our Alllure we got rear parking assist WITHOUT cornering fog lights for £270. I agree in the builder they were linked but our dealer managed to order the parking assist separately for a reduced price.

CJ

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your contributions everyone, they are appreciated. Obviously on the Feline model, where these are a standard fitting, they do work, but it seems, not on the Allure even if it is upgraded to have them, with the reversing sensors. It's interesting that some seem to have been able to order the reversing sensors on an Allure without the cornering fog lamps. I did try requesting this at the time I ordered, but was not given this option and having checked my paperwork (copy of order form) the cornering lamps and their cost IS definitely included on there. I will let you all know the outcome of discussions after my '1 month check' on Monday, which I'm about to start a new topic about.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Be interesting to find out about these cornering fog lights. I too have them on the invoice along with the parking sensors. I havent noticed them working. I did email Peugeot UK with a query about this issue, but was told to contact dealer. Surely Peugeot UK know what cars are affected by this. Suppose yet another trip to dealer will be needed, but I will NOT be happy if I have been charged for something not on the car. They have disappeared on the option lists for the 208 now. Apart from that....I am enjoying my car !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need to check this on my Allure also, as I also had this included in the parking sensor option. I can't see any option to enable them on the touch screen so I assume they aren't present. Bit annoying but at least it's not really something i'll miss if all they can do is refund it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I found that I got motorised folding wing mirrors for free with my Allure - the configurator said they were a cost option.

CJ

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
as states when i took my wifes allure back to dealer for 1 month check when it was 2 weeks old(as we were going on holiday)told dealer cornering lightswere not working tech tried all settings, and hten emailed peugeot to find out issue. Peugeotcalled me whilst on holiday appologising for problem with build. this affected a number of Allures with rear parking sensors. I was then sent a letter of appology from peugeot UK customer services my dealer then sent a cheque for £70.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After my extended one month check on monday confirmed that the Allure does not and cannot have the cornering fog lamps, I can also confirm that those who have been charged £340 for the Reversing Sensors and Cornering Fog Lamps package should apply for a refund of £70 from their dealers. It took a while yesterday morning, but eventually i emerged from the dealership with a £70 cheque in my hand!!
It's a good job it didn't take that long £ for £ to pay the balance of the car, when I collected it - I'd still be there now -I don't think I've ever seen so many people take so long to raise a cheque!

It is most likely that you chose your options from an early version of the spec sheets (they're now on version 8!) which had these items as a package (for the Allure only). Later versions offer only the Reversing Sensors for £270 on all models where they aren't standard fitment. So all those of you with an Allure with Reversing Sensors need to check your paperwork to see exactly what you were charged for, before approaching the dealership for that refund. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Interesting outcomes here - the changing spec of the car appears to have been an issue across the range issue - when we went to the preview event at dealers for the car, the spec sheet showed rear parking aid as option. We then booked a test drive the first weekendwhen cars were released to dealersand confirmed our wish to order on the sunday. Our sales guy was off on the sunday so on monday we had to go into complete papers for the order. When theythen triedrequesting rear parking aid as extracould not find it as an option when the tried to order the car with peugeot. After e-mailsand tel calls back and forth and investigationwe discovered there was a new spec sheet with effect from 1 July which had it included on the THP version as standard. The spec sheet had changed within a few days of the car actually being released. Guess this is the same situation with other models specs if they keep changing stuff it will continue to be a problem.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I said yesterday they're now on Version 8 of the Spec sheet which is the one you'd be placing an order from if you were ordering yesterday, so it seems that the specs, at least up until now, are constantly changing. My parents ordered their 208, the same model as mine but with fewer optional extras, a fortnight after mine and by then the option was just reversing sensors without the cornering fog lamps and that's all they were charged for. Anyone thinking they're due a refund needs to check their paperwork and what they were charged for carefully before approaching their dealer.

I just hope Peugeot are keeping accurate records of all this or it could become a nightmare ordering parts when these cars get older!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts