Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the clutch on my 1.2 has a very high biting point but now it has started to judder more so when in reverse to the extent the exhaust bangs on the floor pan when reversing up hill , you cannot do a quick puller way from a junction with out ether wheel spin or a lot of juddering or a normal puller way you can stall the car very easily the car has now done 700miles and it's not getting any better if anything it's getting worse .We are going on holiday in 2 weeks time so the dealer can have it back for couple of weeks to sort it out , plus it's still got a flat spot between 2nd and 3rd mpg is getting better 39 but not as good as i hoped for

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after doing a round trip of 250 miles yesterday I got in the car this morning put my foot on the clutch and it went straight to the floor I put my foot under the pedal and it sprang back up and now the clutch is fine no juddering still a little high put that's. fine I can live with that will call the dealer on Wednesday to see what they have to say

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch still bad dealer says its normal really do not like this car my local dealer is rubbish not only the gearbox the engine still has a bad flat spot between 2nd & 3rd which makes over taking a nightmare i also have a smart car CDI which is far more responsive and loads more fun to drive and I get 65 to the gallon from it the 208 I am lucky to get 38 MPG

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, I think I would try a different dealer. My 208 has now done 800 miles and, so far, has shown no problems with the clutch or drivetrain at all. I also have no problems with acceleration through the gears (other than the large gap between fourth and fifth which I have now gotten used to). My normal MPG is between 50 and 60although a 22 mile run today produced 61.3 on a mix of urban and single lane country roads.
I think your dealer is not treating your problem seriously enough. Perhaps a spot of naming and shaming would be useful.

Best of luck on getting the problem sorted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the same problems with the clutch - and have now done more than 15,000 miles. Dealer said exactly the same as you - it's a 'characteristic' of the three-cylinder engine in my 1.2 Allure.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Not had any problem with clutch on mine and find it ok (1.2 Allure).
However, I was running a 107 for 3 years previously so maybe just because I've had practice with an even worse clutch!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my 1.2 208 intuitive. Biting point high and judder pulling away, booked it in, took it there today only to be told that clutches are not covered under warranty after 6000 miles (mine is 6700) and as they didn't have a clutch in stock anyway there was no point in giving me a courtesy car as it would waste my money (you have to pay ins for a courtesy car). Cross or what!!! The tech came out with me to see the problem and luckily as soon as he got in the car and pulled away it juddered and said that shouldn't happen! They knew my mileage when I booked it in, they knew the fault, so why wasn't the part ordered??? So now have to wait while they see if they can get a post warranty claim, really for a car bought on 25th March 2013, with 6700 miles on the clock????? Not impressed so far. Other than this little blip I LOVE my car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone found out the cause of the high biting point on the 208. I like the car but the high biting point is a real issue especially in traffic. Can it be rectified by a replacement clutch of a different brand? Is there any adjustment that can be made? Has anyone got an answer from Peugeot or had any success from their local dealer? I think this could be an issue that could be raised by Watchdog if enough of us get behind it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The high biting point is due to French men with little legs. This is what I was told by my local PUG dealer. I think he was joking? But seriously I have the same issues and it drives me mad, I am told it can not be adjusted as it is hydraulic and self adjusting. The clutch is all round terrible and I can only sympaphise with you. Hill starts are virtually impossible to get a smooth take off. Reversing the car vibrates like mad and stop start traffic is a nightmare!
I have taken it back twice only to be told that it is about normal for a 1.2. I cannot believe that all 1.2 are the same. I am also experiencing clicking / metal slap noise when the clutch pedal is released. This happens mainly when changing from 2 - 3 and us quite loud. The service manager at test drive said that it is normal and it's because of poor sound proofing? I am sick of being fobbed off and so have reported this to Peugeot Uk and should get a reply by tomorrow. I will update on here their reply. I would be interested if it could be rectified by a replacement clutch. I really don't think mine is fit for purpose. I've had the car for 4 months and really thought I would get used to it but it just makes you look like a bad driver. I have no confidence in it at all at junctions.
Ps I would be happy to contact Watchdog if it is not sorted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First post woop! Why is it never to compliment a product? ... my 208 1.2 2013 also has this worrying "issue" if I do a cold start in the morning off my drive all be it a steep slope the car does one of two thing, shudders so hard I literally thing it is going to throw an engine mount or I over compensate and rev that hard I kangaroo out into traffic... neither seem a particularly desirable characteristic of a 1.2 3pop engine ....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I know it is an old post, but have anyone come out with a solution to this bad clutch??
I have my car for a year now, got one used with 8500miles, and now it has 17500miles and i still cant get used to it... It is a 1.2 vti 2015.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I know it's an old thread but I have exactly the same problem with my clutch (1.2 puretech). I wonder if anyone has actually got any solution?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts