Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I don't know if the problem I have is the same as in the post about noisy idle when you search under clutch, but here goes. About 7 months ago I bought a 2013 XY 1.6 THP with 32000 which had a full service history. I use it to commute 26 miles a day, after about 3 months it was noisy on start up then after about a mile it went away, this was diagnosed as timing chain and this was replaced under warranty and the car appeared ok. Because I have been furloughed from work I have not used the car much but now when you sit at idle the car has a lumpy noise which you can hear inside and out of the car, when you depress the clutch it goes away and comes back when the pedal is released. I was wondering if this had any connection with the timing chain replacement, my warranty does not cover clutches and I haven't been able to return it to the garage I bought it from so have had no advice, I wondered if someone could help me please. As a final note the car has always had hesitation during hard acceleration I put this down to lack of use but it still seems to be there, thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts