Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had this fixed under warranty. (Thankfully!!-Quote from Howards Peugeot in Yeovil was £880
, although other dealers offered it for less???) Peugeot were rather reluctant to fix it under warranty; rather they stated various reasons why it must be my fault.

The final outcome was that they couldn't find any wear, despite telling me that it was most likely to be caused by my driving style. (I'm neither a clutch riding granny, nor a clutch dumping teenager). Most of my 21000 miles on the car have been done on the Motorway using the Cruise Control with my feet off the controls.

The cause is still unknown, but they pointed to a possible issue with the diaphragm spring.

What have I learnt?

Don't settle for what the main dealers tell you.
Shop around. Main dealers prices and times quoted for the same job vary.
Peugeot UK customer services are rubbish.
Peugeot don't do apologies!! The warranty work was offered in a way that felt like it was a favour!!

The Future?

I love my 208, but I'm worried now that there could be other problems turn up just past the warranty window. It would seem that that French cars are still unreliable despite all the bluster from my dealer telling me that they have changed a corner.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
What a nightmare! Glad you've had a successful outcome though. I'm kinda glad I go with PCP these days, means my car is never out of warranty and *touch wood* should never have to stump up for excessive servicing/repairs apart from the odd tyre or brake pads ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donna

Problem is, the clutch is only covered by warranty for 6000 miles. So you can be driving a new car which is covered by a warranty except for those bits that aren't. If you get what I mean.

So even under PCP conditions I believe you're still liable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have done 19800 miles in 7 monthsat the moment and no clutch issues yet.
We have a 2 year or 62000 miles (whichever comes first)warrenty in Denmark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Does the warranty in Denmark cover the clutch as well? I believe this is only up to 6000 miles in the UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After complaining to the dealership and Peugeot UK, Peugeot UK have decided to offer me my next service for free at a Peugeot dealership.

Doesn't remove my concerns but it's a nice gesture. Just don't think it will be at my local dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts