Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helo
Evryone.

i just bought a
208 Gti, haven't receive it yet, but on the demo, i press the accelerator(Gas
pedal) and sound something like a click, like there was like a false range or
something""¦so it could go a bit further...

What is that
click when you press the it all the way?

I tried it
on another GTi and it was the same! Haven't tried it on another 208.all the way?

how are you guys going with the 208GTi? hope there are no more engines faults i knew there where some, but Bought mine anyway. but prety scared
i love the Gti and if it last, will keep it forever!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
That's for the speed limiter. Once you go past the click, it overrides the speed limiter when you have it set.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Yeah its for the cruise control and speed limiter. Pressing the pedal past the click will allow you to drive past the set speed on the limit. When in cruise control I think it overrides it but can't say for definite as I just use the clutch. I think I've done it to cancel cruise off though

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Doesn't make any difference on cruise. As soon as you get past the pedal position that you would be to maintain speed at the limit set on cruise the car will accelerate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
it is also the overboost function. If I remember correctly from 3rd gear and higher you get additional Nm for overtaking etc.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I think you might be right on the 'Overboost' theory, I've noticed a slight extra kick in speed when de-pressed fully. But it could be just my imagination!

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry to disappoint, but I think it's your imagination. If you've got the accelerator floored then the turbo's bound to kick in at some point!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
eyetiepie said:
sorry to disappoint, but I think it's your imagination. If you've got the accelerator floored then the turbo's bound to kick in at some point!!!

it is overboost, not the imagination.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I've already said it. Once you to past the click, it overrides your speed limiter or cruise control. Pretty much all French cars have it

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
JBD, I agree. I've played around a bit and the only thing I can 'feel' is the speed limiter override. And you can actually override the cruise with only light pressure on the pedal, nowhere near the switch.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Hi everyone,

AFAIK, the 208 GTi does not have over boost - the 207 GTi did on 3rd, 5th and 6th gear by way of that accelerator switch though.

The accelerator switch on the 208 GTi is just to override the speed limiter. The accelerator operates normally in cruise, so there's no need for an override on the accelerator pedal.

Edited by: SLC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts