Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guysif anyone as the unfortunet to change headlight dipped bulbs
on active 1.4vti
n/s is not to bad but o/s is a different story first you have to disconnect battery lead
then remove the ecu unit next to the battery then remove fuse box
ps 208 allure headlights are round the other way so makes it easier

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mateis you,r dipped beam at the top or bottom of the headlights
mine.s at the top! fuse box allmost touching dustcover

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i had an allure it would be alot easiercheers mate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have a 1.2 vti (13 reg) but i'm stuggling to replace mine not much room, cant see what i'm doing any tips?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi,
Hi i changed mine last night what a pig to do, i used a magnetpick up tool made it a bit easier just becareful not to unclip the bulb holder clip completley . regards puggyman208

·
Registered
33 Posts
Goes with the territory, even on the bigger Pugs there is not much room and you have to be a contortionist to get at the bulbs and clips. Already steeled myself for the first change...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just managed to change mine on a 1.2 active. Blood down the front of my nice white car!!
What a pain in the backside! (Especially the passenger side that's blocked by the fuse box!!)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
How interesting that you guys are having issues changing a bulb on the smaller engine 208's. I have a gti and had no problems. I would have thought I would have more problems due to more kit in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I've just done mine on my 1.6THP xl. It only took
me about 2 minutes each side. No problem with
access at all. Not sure what the fuss is all about

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I've changed the bulbs on both dipped and high beam on my 1.6 e-hdi feline. If I remember correctly I took the cover off the fuse box to make changing the high beam bulb a lot easier on the passenger side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have changed mine also on my 1.6 e-HDi Allure, no major problems the nearside were hardest to get to but not too bad. The difference between the original bulbs and the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited ones is amazing, still a little underwhelmed with the dip beam though! :)

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
i changed mine to Xenon's and i found it tricky to get my hands in to pull them out and put them back, it's as if peugeot wanted to make it slightly difficult to change them ;)

that being said, apart from a few scratches and fiddling, i had no major problems.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I have uprated both my dipped and main headlights. I found it a little on the crammed side but nothing major. As someone has said, the active lighhts and allure lights are different and the bulb is much easier to get to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts