Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just wondering engine management light has come up (Amber light).
When having recent a diagnostic at my garage it result as aCatalyser P0420 Efficiency loss Fault.
Can someone tell me how long does a cat last on new Peugeot 208 model range on 63 plate ?.

Cheers Stu2989

·
Registered
28 Posts
Catalytic converter should last close to "lifetime" of the vehicle really but anything can happen to make them lose their efficiency.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
The early cats had faults causing them not to last very long, if I remember correctly there was a recall where a reference number or date needed to be checked and the
Unit replaced if it didn't conform to spec. however various things such as crap fuel and incorrect oil and service intervals may cause damage to the cat too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
208 cat issues

Hi guys. I have a 2013 1.2 VTi 82bhp with full MDSH and the cat is cracked, the car has never has wrong fuelling or anything similar so disgusted that this has failed.

Can anyone help with the recall notice as I'm prepared to force a point with this as Peugeot's response is appalling so far, simply offering a "reduced" labour charge of £95/hr plus VAT! ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
208 cat issues

Hi guys. I have a 2013 1.2 VTi 82bhp with full MDSH and the cat is cracked, the car has never has wrong fuelling or anything similar so disgusted that this has failed.

Can anyone help with the recall notice as I'm prepared to force a point with this as Peugeot's response is appalling so far, simply offering a "reduced" labour charge of £95/hr plus VAT! ?
Hi, did you ever get the recall notice? I have the same issue. TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts