Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone advise me if it is possible to add carplay to older 208 pre 2016? if so is it just a software update or do u need to install a new touch screen ?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
<strike>hi, you cant upgrade it software wise.

Cheapest option is to source 2nd hand smeg as a new(are you siting down) is around £1500+ not icluding fitting. Best people on forum to ask is stevec or martin or check out the ice section on forum</strike>

Edited by: Comkotes

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Mines is pre 2016. I'm a 65 plate and didn't have CarPlay, and after speaking with a sales person I asked to have the update with CarPlay. It was booked in and received an update. I've got all the pics of before and after on the forum. I'll link it in if need be man. It's all free

·
Registered
15 Posts
frost719 said:
Mines is pre 2016. I'm a 65 plate and didn't have CarPlay, and after speaking with a sales person I asked to have the update with CarPlay. It was booked in and received an update. I've got all the pics of before and after on the forum. I'll link it in if need be man. It's all free

Was this free or did it cost?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Yeah they told me that my Nov15 GTi Prestige came with CarPlay, but it's not on my system.. Definitely a Diagbox setting.

Not sure what the case would be with a pre-facelift... surely it would be an update, then a diagbox setting enabling it?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
i had to have mine pulged in and turned on for it to work,free of charge at local dealer although i had it done and i was first one he did, seamed simple enough, there were also lots of other settings set to off in the car that he turned on and checked for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts