Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About the only problem I have with the 208GTI is the auto dimming rear view mirror, which in my view significantly degrades rearward vision in the dark. All I can see are a couple of murky dim headlights when I look in the mirror, and it's extremely difficult to judge how far away (or close) the following car is.

Is there any way to switch auto dimming off?

Thanks

Mark/.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
markv said:
About the only problem I have with the 208GTI is the auto dimming rear view mirror, which in my view significantly degrades rearward vision in the dark. All I can see are a couple of murky dim headlights when I look in the mirror, and it's extremely difficult to judge how far away (or close) the following car is.

Is there any way to switch auto dimming off?

I'm wondering the same thing. It's very off-putting!

Didn't realise there's a button though

Edited by: krlsh

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I think it is the light sensor , not a button . . . . although I may be corrected

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only way to turn it of is by removing the plastic cover round the mirror/rain sensor

and then disconnect the electric plug and put the plastic cover back and is off

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi,

do you have any picture / photo to show how to remove the plastic cover?

actually i've remove the rear-view mirror before and i've accidentally pull off the power connector inside (for the auto dim use).
the male connector was too deep inside the mirror and hard for me to connect it back.
if there is a removal plastic cover will be more easier for me to connect back.
please kindly help / assist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts