Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mainly want apple car play but I also ready a lot of the cars functions are carried out via the screen and I have been struggling to find any YouTube videos on what the touchscreen actually does.

I have also read it can be slow, the touchscreen then I read something about the 2016 screen not having android auto only Mirror Link and became totally confused as I though apple car play and android auto was in all models form 2016 onwards.

Then I read the touchscreen in 2017 is a completely different brand than the 2016 one and so I am lost in all of this now.

If anybody can give clarification on the differences between the 2016 and 2017 screen or just any info you know about your screen if you have a 2016 or 2017 GT Line it would be very helpful

Thanks!!

·
Registered
208 gti prestige
1 Posts
I bought a 2017 last year, wanted the newer head unit for android auto, seems to work great with a decent usb cable. Changed background yesterday, looks pretty cool, maps great, waze too, spotify picks up my playlist (shitty speakers though), speaks my messages to me etc, etc. Not got an iphone so can't try carplay unfortunately.
Never tried the older (smeg) version so can't compare, this isn't the brightest or sharpest, isn't the best to scroll around but perfectly useable as far as I'm concerned.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that will do me if it has android auto I think also it means it has apple car play, that is what I am hoping at least, it looks like not all 2017 models are zero tax it depends when it was registered so looking at 2016 models now and hoping the smog version is not on any of those, not sure yet though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts