Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in getting a 208, 1.2 VTI, 3-Door Allure (with Sat Nav) in either Moroccan Red or Morello Black. I visited my local dealership and was told that they didn't have any in stock in those colours (They only had silver), so I would have to have a custom build if I was set on those colours. They quoted me a 3 month wait. Is that really the case? Looking around some people seem to be getting it in around 6 weeks. Were they being overly cautious in their estimation?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hi, ordered our Feline at end of June and still waiting. If it is not available in stock and has to be a build from factory then yes 3 months (12weeks)is not uncommon. This is not just with Peugeot either- I remember that about 3 years ago when we were last changing car we had a look at VW and whilst we did not order one we were warned by the dealer that if it was a factory order it could easily have been 4-5 month wait.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
just re-read your post and as you are looking for SAT NAV included which is non standard this is quite likely. If the car is selling well and there is any sort of backlog then it could be longer - car we have ordered has no optional extra's. Factory has also been shut for last 4 weeks for summer holiday and only re-opened this week so that coud have a bearing as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies rubberball and Yellowbelly, it's really appreciated!

I think it's probably worth the wait to get it in the colour I want. I'm not a fan of silver, so will put my order in on the weekend and hope I get it before 3 months. I'll keep you all updated.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Hi....I ordered the same 1.2 Allure in red, plus sat nav and other things. 3 months was the time quoted....so I hope to get mine in October. It's a long wait, but dealers can't stock all the different models and options ! I hope it will be worth the wait !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey all,

I went in to discuss ordering the Moroccan Red and was told that I would probably not get it till January. They then offered me an Allure in Spirit Grey, with a discount, which I could collect in a week. So, I compromised on the colour and went for it.

I do really like the colour. I would have preferred the Red, but i'm happy.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
As long as you're happy then that's great, January is a bit too much of a wait IMO. Good that you got a discount too

So you pick it up next week then? Exciting!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
we ordered our 1,2 allure in morello black 4 weeks ago and was told yesterday it will be with the dealer in three weeks the only extra is sat nav , the dealer has honoured the trade in price on our mito for three months so we have no worries there

·
Registered
35 Posts
Placed order 30th Jan, build date 18th April...just HOW long does it take to get a car from France?????

Husband ready to cancel and stuff 'em !!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
The wife got hers today, took 9 weeks. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and was told I've now got a build number so should be built in the next couple of weeks and with me about ten days later.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Capt,Gosh 14 weeks, you ordered an automatic? I've just emailed Peugeot as am fed up hearing 'its in a compound' from the dealer. Try emailing customer services. I'm from S.Nottm!
Barb

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Check your satnav takes the full Uk postcode. My 208 bought 2.4.13 does not. Not enough Peugeot cars sold in the UK the Customer Relations manager told me. Based on French requirements. They are looking to bring in aUK version sometime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my car, when i get it is a hdi allure auto, & they did warn me it could be 16 weeks before i heard anything, this is Bristol street motors in Ilkeston, I went there becuase Robins & Day in Nottingham my local dealers, told me all sorts of lies 3 years ago when I bought my 308, so I wouldn't buy from them again.
Great cars when you can get them it seems lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I
ordered my 208 on the 28th of Feb, from Bristol Street motors Ilkeston,
the dealers rang me up last week to say the guy who ordered my car,
& took my deposit has left, they had just found my folder, &
they wasn't sure how long it would be before the car arrived, but not
this month, I asked did they have an order number, & I would contact
Peugeot UK.
Customer services have now wrote to me & told me the car hasn't
been ordered until the 2nd of May, so the 3 months I have waited don't
count!!! The dealer had lied, no order placed.
Maybe, & just maybe late June I could have my new car, I really feel like telling them to shove it where the Sun don't shine!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I have now been told by the Customer Relations Manager that a fit for
purpose UK GPS system using the full UK postcode will be available
shortly - I quote "With regard to the GPS system, an upgrade will very
shortly be available which
will update the mapping and also enable the use of full UK postcodes."
How short is shortly I am not sure, and whether this is for the 208
Intuitive only I am not sure, but it may be of interest to other
frustrated GPS users.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts